Sunshine wanted

Kieran Hanrahan

Hi all

A group of Irish lads looking for your advice and suggestions or recommendations as to a possible trip around February or March 2004 (max one week) for fishing in the sun... but not too far (e.f preferably Europe) as we need to keep it reasonably economical i.e. forget Africa for the moment. We would look at anywhere in Europe and possibly the USA and thereabouts thanks to the flights through Ireland...

Any help very welcome. We are clueless on this!

Thanks

Kieran Hanrahan

Catch this release... www.sea-angling-ireland.org

Kieran, when I want to go somewhere for some great sea fishing and I can only spare a week , I go to ....................Ireland. :D:D

Its hardly worth going to the USA just for 1 week.

Assuming you want to sea fish, I don,t think Europe is that fantastic, except for mullet.

Its sunny in the Canary Islands in our Winter, but the sea fishing ain,t great.

Conclusions:

a) For fishing go to Ireland.

B) For sun, sand and sangria, go to the Canary Islands (you might catch something). :)

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Kieran,

I have just a had a fabulous week of sunshine, where, on the west coast of Ireland of course!!

Didn't bother to fish, well only the once, as the social side of things seemed to take over.

I would say try Florida as the nearest and most likely to produce something.

No flights from Knock though!! LOL

Colin

search engine angling in florida.

You could always try Jersey...loads of good fishing, cheap(ish) beer & fags, and the sun pops out every now and then....February /March will be freezing cold though - Jan/Feb being the worst months for fishing too!!

Alderney fishes really well that time of the year though.....massive mullet. Will still be cold though...........