Latest Report outlining DEFRA's future Intentions

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leon

"Like your French counterparts, get together and start fighting those taking away your future, or don't you think there's a problem?"

I am not sure what you mean, do you whant me to fight you lot or the French pair teams?

you lot are more of a threat.

I fish to live and live to fish.

gerryatric

The growth rate of bass has increased in recent years with warmer seas and a longer growing season so some fish that are just below the 36 MLS this year will be over the new 45 MLS the following year.

No the won't!

No they bloody well won't you are talkig of a growth rate more than a cod it is not possible.

Due to colder water tempretures the bass around here have not grown at all this year.so I've been told.

Less than 20% of UK tagged bass were recaptured in the SW offshore fishery

That proves the French are not to much of a threat.

They have been doing it for the last 20 odd years without effecting my catches to much.

Posted Image

quote:

Are Bass near to extinction?
Given the rate of decline around our coastline of any sizeable and large bass and few hard winters in a row, God help them. With any luck more and more legislation will be heaped onto commercial fisherman to allow some sort of recovery.

Posted Image

Bacton Thornbacks

A Norwich angler took one of 23.5lbs here in 1961 and several bags of smaller fish are taken by those that know the beach.

Ostend

An experienced angler and a great believer in peeler crab, Mr Howlett used this bait to take over 150lbs of thornbacks, in daylight and with his single rod and line.

Eccles

Mr Wheldon took no less than 24 thornbacks which totalled over 200lb!

Fred has had personal bags of upto 19 fish on a tide, best to date weighing 21.5lbs.

Tope: Fred Williams has during his thornback fishing taken over 20 sizeable fish ...best 35lb.

Felixstowe

March 1968 Tony Marsh from Ipswich lands a 43lb cod 2 miles offshore.'Locals are confident of much bigger fish here especially in late October and November when many other heavyweight cod to over 30lbs are landed.Without being pre-occupied with bigger fish of course (lol) the boat angler can expect catches of fish averaging 4/5lbs apiece to give total weights approaching 5 or 6 stones per rod!

Walton Pier

individual bags of up to 100lb of cod per rod which are taken easily...

Southend

Bags of up to 25lb of dabs gutted.

There's plenty more where that little selection came from my friend.

Your industry has seen to it that myself and others can never experience sport like this off of the East coast. Quite possibly ever again.

Bitter, you bet.