Weighted hooks

Bass Boy

I've caught bass on rubber sandeel in the past... on spinning tackle, with a 1/2 ounce bomb on the main line with 3 feet of trailing mono to the eel on the point... a bit cumbersome...

I've tried lead wire round the shank and that doen't last long... searched the net and the only hooks I've found are in the USA!

So... does anyone know where I can get weighted hooks that will replace and slide into the lure like the standard issue hooks do?

Thanks in advance...

hello bassboy,i know what you mean,why dont you try a spiral lead. they work fine, its a longish lead with a sort of little pigs tail at each end.it sounds daft but,its true.give it a try, (i was so pleased i bought the company!)

just found this do a search on weighted hooks

there prob loads more if you really look

This auction is for Mustad model 91766bln weighted needle power lock hooks, new in the package.There are 8 packages with 4 hooks each, with a 3/16 oz. lead and hook size 4/0. Winning bidder pays $3.85 shipping for the 48 states. Other locations vary. I combine shipping for multiple auction winners to reduce total.

Guest PhilB

I've used the 7" Redgill with a barrel lead forced up inside it (use some fairy liquid as lubricant). There is enough room for the lead and the hook inside and they cast OK. caught bass to 8 1/2 lb with this method. :)

Bass Boy:

... searched the net and the only hooks I've found are in the USA! ...

Buy them from the US. We can use the trade. :D
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President