new website

Guest jay_con

Guest jay_con

just been working on our fishing clubs new website. Any constructive comments or tips etc would be much appreciated.

The link is www.urlcut.com/whitbyangling

its in whitby :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I like the general layout. Clean, easy to read, easy to follow. All the colors and highlighting have a purpose. Excellent start IMO.

I get the impression from the material on that site that the entire thrust of the club is evening matches 2 days a week. Is that the case? No social events, no reason-for-being other than bi-weekly matches?

Even if that is the case, a little general club info on the home page would probably be a good thing - even if you add more detail in one of the sub pages.

[ 28. January 2005, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest jay_con

I thought it was a jif Ian. I shall check and see if I could improve it

Newt we fish those 2 nights and then meet immediately afterwards socially in the local pub. i have to work on the detail of the home page. what u see there is info I lifted from the old website which was produced by someone else.

Thanks for the comments so far. keep them coming :D

shouldnt realy comment as i wouldnt know where to start.

looks good, green highlights bit bright and what are METCH I expect you can explain.

Good site all in all.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

quote:

I get the impression from the material on that site that the entire thrust of the club is evening matches 2 days a week. Is that the case? No social events, no reason-for-being other than bi-weekly matches?
its strange nowadays that clubs dont have functions anymore :confused: our club was founded in 1906 for many years they held functions and trips but today nothing .

they dont even have a party at christmas for the bailiffs :confused: although they do the clubs dirty work (in many contexts) the fact that we get a free permit seems to be a reward despite the fact that i (probably being one of the closest bailiffs to their allotted water) spends even using my little honda90 £2 a week in petrol doing my job and most other bailiffs far more but thats more than the permit costs on a weekly basis so in reality paying to be a bailiff ,a little thank you at christmas would be nice and the club certainly can afford it

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

if two friendly matches a week is what people enjoi thats a good thing.Some people dont like big functions.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!