Bait Digging in Forth Area

Millar

@SPRING@:

Have a scout around for yourself m8 when you have the time. Although local anglers like to tell us there is no bait left it is quite often the case that there is plenty if u look in the right places. I know my baiting spots are a closely guarded secret - so I assume so are those of others.

Seek and you shall find. Dont forget to tell us where all the whites are though      

I'd love to be in a position to shout loud and proud about bait digging round here but the situation really is pretty dire! I've knocked my pan in and the only place I ever got a reasonable amount of lug is ******* :D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the "tips" guys. Took @SPRING@'s advice and convinced the other half that a walk along part of the coast was a good idea yesterday evening. Managed to locate a few areas which look to have reasonable lug beds and going to give digging a go next week. Will probably never hear the end of it thanks to the missus' muddy trainers!

cheers

Millar

To be honest Millar, if you had come on here, and spent some time ,getting to know people and being a wee bit friendly...instead of just jumpimg in and asking where the bait is, people might " just " help you out....but I along with others have suussed you out......as a commercial...which is a shame.....so :( ...seeya....and, I KNOW where the whites are too....

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hiya, It might seem a bit harsh, but I have been caught out by the same type of thread before,and made myself look a right fool too, when I was trying to help out, what I thought was another angler having difficulties.....

Theocritis..

@SPRING@:

As for bait digging up there, im clueless. But if you have a scottish tax disc on yer car perhaps happy dude may share some info.

i just noticed this, you incinerating something spring... :confused:

diabolos was telling me about a new whites mark last week, apparently this place is as good as the whites beds raped by geordies and tykes USED to be, no tides for a while but we won't be using it anyway because of lampspotting bait rapists. :rolleyes:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

Nice being judged so quickly Norrie. Your comments make me think of a particular black sabbath song.

I am digging bait next week for a trip the following weekend. I won't need much worm as fish baits are of primary importance where I'm going - the worm will mearly be for back up so I won't need many and will leave plenty for you.

I have been sea fishing since I was 7years old. One of the few good things about where I was born and raised (Inverclyde) was that there was good fishing and plentiful bait digging on my doorstep. I had the pleasure of going fishing almost every day of the school holidays whilst growing up. I also witnessed first hand the demise of the clyde fishing's in the 80's and 90's once the trawlers were allowed in. Watching the downfall of an ecosystem thanks to mindless greed and a lack of respect for sustainability filled me with dismay and anger, clearly demonstrating the potential of the human race for stupidity. I reckon jumping to conclusions about people is another example of such behaviour.

I never have and never will seek to make money from fishing of any sort.

Millar

Millar, Ok mate, so I was wrong, But to try and get bait digging info on your first post, just didnt ring true....welcome to AN by the way, hope you have fun here..... :D:D ...I do a bit of fishing up on the Fife coast,so if I can help you in any way, let me know...

Cheers. :D

Theocritis..

Okay Norrie, lets just forget about our little introduction to each other. I'm looking forward to getting to know some east coast marks, and to getting to know a few folk on AN.

cheers for now

Millar