Bait Needles - how do you use them?

101_North

Apologies for this novice question. I've just bought a bait needle to use with Rag as I'm not great at threading them on the hook. Problem is I can't quite work out how to use it?

Any hints?

I'm expecting it to be stupidly easy :D

you use them by puting them in the bin and lurning how to bait your hooks properly in the first place.,.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

sorry to be so blunt but i think its easyer to put straight onto the hook.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

re the baiting needle they can be useful at times , i have r/a in my hands and when the cold gets into them they just seize up, so they have there uses it keeps me fishing, ok the one i have has apoint at one end and a hole at the other thread the worm on the pointy end and halfway up the needle then put the point of your hook in the hole of the needle, pull your line tight and hold in one hand next to your line and just slip the worm onto your keeping tight until all the worms on the hook hey presto your fishing again

Horses for caurses.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Hello mate,

Total waste of time for Rag in my opinion. but usefull for putting together a large lug bait when all you can get are small soft blow lugworms.

have seen people on the match circiut make a long suasage of peeler on one with elastic and then cut it in to portions for hook bait. seemed hard work to me though.

Tite Lines.

Five Bellies

[ 27. June 2005, 05:46 AM: Message edited by: five bellies ]

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

as ourwullie says they really come into their own when its freezing and your fingers are numb and sometimes when using soft just dug bait.

haven't done it for crab but have used the baiting needle and bind with elastic trick with mussels.