Shore Tope

etivejunkie

Kenny,/Shaun, What has been happening is, that one or two of the guys in the club, while fishing around Crail, have had cod chewed up, not many ,just a couple, and they say it definately wasnt a seal, so ,we all thought a Tope,the older guys say that they have been caught ,but about 40 years ago....so, the consensus of opinion is now a small Porgie....

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian, I like the sound of jocks point, just not sure which point it is! is it shown on the O/S map as jocks point or does it have another name, or is it the point that forms one of the extremeties of terally bay? also is there anywhere reliable for feathering fresh mackerel in the area? And what time of year would be best bet?

cheers

Dave

Originally posted by etivejunkie:

[QB] Ian, I like the sound of jocks point, just not sure which point it is! is it shown on the O/S map as jocks point or does it have another name, or is it the point that forms one of the extremeties of terally bay? also is there anywhere reliable for feathering fresh mackerel in the area? And what time of year would be best best

Hiya

As you correctly pointed out, Jocks Point is the mini headland to the South of Terally Bay. There is also the chance of a suprise big Bass, as a few doubles have been caught in the area.

Mackerel can often be feathered from the point, but a more reliable mark is anywhere from the broad stone or flat rock (east tarbert Bay) to the Mull, particarly on the flood tide. The best time for Tope at Terrally is late June - early July.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

So that is the Terally cottage point Ian,where the picnic tables are? Fancy a bash myself this year. Keep an eye on "Look what I have done to you hooks" thread Ian. Hope to post a picture of my "gay" flies. Do you think there are any gay pollack then?

When you come to do your fly fishing day you can take my fly box with you as well so you have got a full armoury.

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Tell me what will catch a tope and I will tie one up nee bother

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

• 3 weeks later...

A thought on fishing at Terally Cottage for tope Ian. On a big tige is there much of a rip. Its just a thought but do you think I could float out a tope bait on a balloon and then pop it with an air rifle when it is far enough out. Or a decent westerly breeze at that point would also take the balloon out. Would probably get the bait further out this way than casting it.Or is this just a stupid idea!

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair