LED headlamp > which one???

etivejunkie

I've been a fan of the petzl zoom and mega headlamps for years now, even tho the batteries are heavy and expensive.... So I'm going to gemt me self one of the new lightweight LED head lamps!

Has anyone got one that they'd reccomend there are so many on the market just now........ was thinking about the petzl ones,,,,, but don't know much about them??

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went around with cheaper LED ones for a long time until I went out with a friend who was using a Tiga, well the very next day I went and got one to. They are dear but worth every penny. Dual lamps for bright or very bright normal setting covers most things but when you need to light up the rod tip like daylight switch over to the 20W lamp, lasts 8 hours on normal or 3 hours on full belt.

Matt

women love me, fish fear me!!

http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Riverside Tackle SAC

i got a headlamp from veals, made by m.f.a, has 3 led's and a halogen. you can switch from one to the other easily and i'm very happy with it. has got the usual heavy battery though. a friend who i fish with has 2 cheap l.e.d haedlamps which he got from Argos. cost him about a tenner each, second one is just incase the first one breaks/dies etc, but still using the first one with no problems. thinking of buying one myself as a back up light.

I always wear a baseball cap and I have fallen in love with this one. Clips onto the cap brim. Lots of light and in the green lens version, very little effect on night vision. LEDs are good for thousands of hours and I get over 40 hours actual burning time in summer and over 25 hours when temps are below freezing. Takes about 20 seconds to change the batteries.

Posted Image

[ 20. January 2005, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

for someone who spends a lot of time fishing from the shore don't waste your money.

buy a decent lamp. a tiga or samalite.

once you have one you'll wonder why you had the rest.

i know their expensive but they are worth every penny.