Angling 'GCSE'

Leon Roskilly

I saw something similar to this on the news, I think its a trial to see if its worth rolling it out nationally.

I wish it every success.

Its not just about fishing but the environment and conservation as well which is more important.

How does this help a kid in later life? It doesn't but it does help the school tick another box to say that they are attaining the required pass marks.

School should be about learning things to help kids progress. Although I have absolutely nothing against teaching kids to fish, I encourage it whenever I can, surely its something that has a hobby should be learnt in their own time.

By the way whats the exam? A match with first getting an A and if you blank its unclassified?

How does this help a kid in later life? It doesn't but it does help the school tick another box to say that they are attaining the required pass marks.

School should be about learning things to help kids progress. Although I have absolutely nothing against teaching kids to fish, I encourage it whenever I can, surely its something that has a hobby should be learnt in their own time.

By the way whats the exam? A match with first getting an A and if you blank its unclassified?

Ferg, you should know that in today's school system no one 'fails' they are all successes ! If you blank it will be classed as a deferred success :D :D :D

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Ferg, you should know that in today's school system no one 'fails' they are all successes ! If you blank it will be classed as a deferred success :D :D :D

I'd keep failing so I could retake my exam. Any excuse to go fishing :lol::lol:

"who may not otherwise have attained any formal qualifications"

This does my head in! This will basically mean that those kids who p*ss about at school will get to go out and do fishing for a day while people like me are stuck in a class-room. It was like that for me at school, the kids who 'weren't as intellegent' (cant be arsed and would rather go out for a fag!) got to go and do bricklaying and painting. I would much rather do this than a subject like French, but did I get a choice? I think this just highlights many floors in our society today.

Lets be honest here, GCSE's really don't help kids in later life apart from maths, english and science. What they do is give a potential employer or further education provider an indication as to how the student can apply themselves. If the kids can prove that then it makes them worth while taking on for further training and employment gaining degrees or apprenticeships and the like. Not many job adverts quote GCSE's as a requirement.