Fishing this weekend

saint_1877

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey saint thats near where I was born is the fishin any good up there. UI used to fish the narrows between Glencoe and Kinlochleven (my home town). I am jelous of you now but once I start fishin will def head up there as its best scenery ever.

Hi Kavemanjock the fishing is not bad at times but snaggy as hell. There are some big fish to be caught there, only problem is actually getting them in. Fished the narrows once opposite a caravan site and caught a 2lb coalie. Did you ever have much luck from the narrows yourself?

Used to catch directly accross from the caravan site (stood on a small ledge) but dont know what they were but my mum enjoyed them (was about 15 at time). My friends used to fish kinlochleven side of caravanpark and caught Ling never had any luck there myself tho.

Was supposed to be going on trip taking our club boat from west side of island around to Stornoway on east side - leaving at 2am so we could get fishing done on a fantastic mark north of the Lewis on the way around - fishing is crazy on this mark for fish such as "loads of" Pollack, Ling, Tusk, Bluemouth, Norweigain Haddock, Cod, Gurnard and Haddock - BUT - since it's Valentines Day I'm missing it, and spending day with my girlfriend - "don't know whether to put a smiley or a frown here" haha

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

He was meant to, but got the weekend mixed up, as a matter of fact, I would prefer that Davy was up at Lochaline getting the boat ready for you coming over. :D:rolleyes::D Rather than me having to buy him drink all night, you know what he gets like with a drink in him...

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Norrie:

He was meant to, but got the weekend mixed up, as a matter of fact, I would prefer that Davy was up at Lochaline getting the boat ready for you coming over.  

Flights booked. I could have booked for August trip for about €40 return to Bristol, next time :D

When are you coming over to do my ceiling :P

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/