The search is over . . .

Sutton Warrior

Getting a new computer has been a bit of a nightmare, should be an enjoyable experiance but making desission for me 'can be' mind blowing :o Plus I was getting grief from the supplyer who I have used in the past, one wonders if the 'credit crunch' is crunching?

However, Colin Brett came to the rescue, flaging up a supplier on eBay . . . eBay is not the most confidence boosting start, but I persued it as a non eBay sale by phone. They do all sorts of specification from the cheapest to dedicated all singing, all dancing games machines. I found this one in their catalogue, plus I negociated a free card reader and instaled Windows XP, saved myself £40 and got the better spec. compared to that proposed in the week. The only down is a 250Gb HD rather than 320? and as I have a 500Gb external HD anyway, dont see that as a problem. Martin Waston at 'EPSY PC' tells me this model is designed with 'Photo manipulation' as a main fuction.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6000-Dual-Core-4GB-R...1742.m153.l1262

Here we have an excellent Top end PC tower. Brand New PC Dual Core PCI-Express Awesome Performance

With Black Easypc case 450W PSU

Complete with AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Dual Core Processor with 2 x 3ghz can up-grade to quadcore

4GB of RAM DDR2, Corsair XMS2 800Mhz

250GB SATA II Hard Drive Quality item

Awesome Sony 20X DVD+-RW Dual layer Drive This will also play and record CD/CD-RW (all in the same drive)

Nvidia 9400 GT 512mb DDR2 dedicated graphics card with VGA

S-Video (HDTV) DVI Outputs

This is the latest model with Direct X 10 support and HDCP and HDTV

With Nvidia Pure Video Technology

With VGA DVI + TV out and HDTV support plus dual monitor and resolution upto 2560x1600

Network Socket and USB (USB front and 4 Back)

Plus gigabyte LAN (Internet ready)

System is built around a quality Asrock ALIVE NF6P-VSTA motherboard.

System has 1-year return to base Warranty

Pay over the phone with your Visa, Maestro, Electron, solo or MasterCard on 01283 220 600

Price Includes VAT and full VAT receipt will be given

Delivery Friday.

Now all I have to do is trundle down to PC World for a Samsung 22" T220 Monitor, take a few pictures in RAW and away we go :lol:

Thanks 'all' for your help, we now move on to the 'how do I install this . . . etc.' part of the operation . . . :D

SW

Edited by Elton

Good luck with the new PC SW. I've got an HP 19'' screen and would be interested to see how you get on with a larger monitor with the old photo manipulation etc.

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

With that graphics card I can't see him having any problems with anything visual :) Twice today I have started to go "out the door" and down to PC World :) I have that 9400GT card in mind, but as I am getting trouble free results with my current one, then I keep making excuses not to continue :) And I've just spent £175 inc fitting, on all round new brake pads.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Sw, maybe ask for a card reader as well............can't see one on your list?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

Sw, maybe ask for a card reader as well............can't see one on your list?

Den

Yes mate, you are correct, I did that, negociated a freebe! :P Time will tell, but from an amater no techie point ovf view, I see the final spec., as cost efective, no unessisary knobs and whistles, plenty of the RAM type memory. If this one lasts another 6 years I'll not be complaining.

Final look at monitors this morning, its between the HP and the Samsung . . .

Next weekend :o Instaling the broad band conection, not looking forward to that. Then transfering all the 'backed up' files from the external hard drive. That will be good because I can be selective, loads of dross to disgard.

SW

Glad to hear that re the reader, good luck with the rest :)

Den

It was a good move to get windows installed for you! I hope they forward the disk and licence along with the computer? Sorry to worry you, but it's worth checking with them.

Colin

Hay Colin, it gets better, I had confirmation to day, that, they ship the computer with XP installed along with a genuine holographed licence and XP disc. They sound like genuine people to me. :D

SW

Yes mate, you are correct, I did that, negociated a freebe! :P Time will tell, but from an amater no techie point ovf view, I see the final spec., as cost efective, no unessisary knobs and whistles, plenty of the RAM type memory. If this one lasts another 6 years I'll not be complaining.

Final look at monitors this morning, its between the HP and the Samsung . . .

Next weekend :o Instaling the broad band conection, not looking forward to that. Then transfering all the 'backed up' files from the external hard drive. That will be good because I can be selective, loads of dross to disgard.

SW

Samsung, Samsung and thrice Samsung.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote