Update on Angling Trust

Bob Bradford

Bob,

This will probably be the domain of the new marketing manager that they're recruiting. Mark seems to be doing a lot at the moment. In fact, from a member of public's perception, Mark seems to be doing the lot at the moment. I hope he doesn't become embroiled in too many distractions (I've seen him posting elsewhere), as he has the bigger picture to look at.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the simple e-mail I have sent to Mark Lloyd,

Dear Mark, I am not a sea angler but I wish to draw your attention to this thread; http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Update-...t-t1109101.html

Clearly most sea anglers are not convinced by the concept of Angling Trust, there is obvious distrust and resentment, it seems to me, if AT can really connect with sea anglers and dispel the doubts that exist, there is a huge number waiting to join, show them something tangible, something they can believe in and you may just sway them, I hope you do not think I am meddling, or telling you your job, but I feel compelled to draw your attention to these issues, issues that crop up on every forum I visit in fact. I have joined, my Son has joined, and I have paid for my 4 year old Grandson's membership, because I believe AT is the only way for anglers to be heard, the only show in town for anglers to be properly represented, I know it takes time, but show these doubters something Mark ....please!

regards Bob.

I joined Angling Trust because I believe in the concept of unity, well, as a freshwater angler, I am prepared to stand shoulder to shoulder with my fellow sea anglers and will do everything as a member of AT to fight your corner with you, lets see what comes of my simple plea to Mark.

Elton, I agree this will be the new mans remit, but in the meantime Mark needs to kick some sea angling butt, whoever is in charge at present needs to be communicating more IMO.

Edited by Bob Bradford

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Bob,

They should give you that marketing job :thumbs:

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

I am going to e-mail Mark Lloyd the CEO of Angling Trust and ask him to read this thread, I think it is imperative Angling Trust gains the trust of Sea anglers, clearly there are huge issues and history tainting the thought process of so many sea anglers, it is not for me to try to gain your trust or answer your doubts, Angling Trust need to kick into gear and I will tell the man at the top exactly that, I am a member of AT, so I have every right to make this demand......and that is the most significant point , invest just £20 for membership and then demand value for money, or in other words NO PAY,NO SAY the choice really is that simple,

Bob.

Good luck with that Bob, Perhaps he could come on here and other sites to both sell the new trust and to tell us what the real intentions are, what they org can do to fight within the rsa corner. If it is to carry on exactly as say the old nfsa then i would have to say that there could be problems, as i don't think it will be sufficient, just my opinion btw.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I have received this e-mail already! I have not even replied to Mark but will when i have posted this, if nothing else, it shows the determination and drive of a man trying to change things for the better of angling, Mark deserves our support , with it who knows what can be achieved?

"Thanks Bob - do keep them coming.

I have been in touch with friends of Steve Coppolo and I'm arranging to meet

with some sea angling journalists to construct a campaign.

Lots of sea anglers are signing up - these forums are not indicative of

opinion.

However, it's good to know what the critics are saying and you do a great

job defending us.

All best,

Mark"

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

these forums are not indicative of opinion.

What a bizarre statement. Forums consist of individuals posting their own words. They are, therefore, inherently indicative of opinion.

It'll be interesting to hear what the "sea angling journalists" have to say. I know a few, and I know what their current opinions are.

What a bizarre statement. Forums consist of individuals posting their own words. They are, therefore, inherently indicative of opinion.

It'll be interesting to hear what the "sea angling journalists" have to say. I know a few, and I know what their current opinions are.

Us boat anglers of many years don't count then, thought so.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Barry - you've quoted me there. Is that question aimed at me?

Barry - you've quoted me there. Is that question aimed at me?

no, the trust guy i was quoting

no, the trust guy i was quoting

Ah! No worries.

We keep getting told that there are a million sea anglers. Perhaps most of them have joined now, then.

P.S. Steve Coppolo doesn't have any friends :D