ABBOTSBURY - At Its VERY Best!!!!!!

MainBassMan

Will be there saturday around 9am till 5/6pm at the cottage spot may see you there :thumbs:

I'm up for it where is the cottage mark, east or West anywhere near dragons teeth??!!

Dan

Edited by Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up for it where is the cottage mark, east or West anywhere near dragons teeth??!!

Dan

go west along the narrow road dan, you'll see the cottages & clumps of bushes on the beach, its an easy walk, hope to see you all there.

guess those 2 are still in bed then :D

started off about 8.30 at the cottage mark, john was straight into fish, 4 poor cod in a row followed by a hermit crab which slid out of its shell into the bucket. after much deliberation about bait we gave him his shell back which he quickly slid back into & then gave him a piece of mackerell.

John caught his first dogfish just before dan arrived. dans 1st cast caught a poor cod straight away followed by many more. john caught the first whiting followed by more dogfish for both of them.

didnt matter what bait, rigs or distance i tried, i just couldnt catch a fish so i resigned myself to this fact & got the beer out.

towards dark, the hermit crab had become bernard & was safely released to find himself a new shell.

great day, lovely weather & good company

dan gave us his old yak for barney, barney is thrilled to bits & is badgering me to go get some fibre glass to do some repairs.

ate dans cuttlefish bait for breakfast, it were lovely, cheers dan :)

just had what was left of your mussells for sunday lunch Dan, lovely. first time i've ever eaten them. only cooked the closed ones that didnt float, in a salmon fish stock with lemon grass, garlic & king prawns. will have to fish with you again if you have bait like that :clap2::clap2::clap2:;)

Edited by ziggy searchfield

just had what was left of your mussells for sunday lunch Dan, lovely. first time i've ever eaten them. only cooked the closed ones that didnt float, in a salmon fish stock with lemon grass, garlic & king prawns. will have to fish with you again if you have bait like that :clap2::clap2::clap2:;)

Hi ya Ziggy. just got back from Taunton, Thanks to you and John for arranging that one, glad you enjoyed the bait!

Busy beach huh?!

chesil9hs.jpg

Some view

chesilsunset0tt.jpg

Its true Ziggy gave up fishing and opened up the beer!

ziggy0if.jpg

Dan

Edited by Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com