Top waggler tip

RUDD

So how far out are you waggler fishing? Two, four, eight, sixteen rod lengths out?

How do you know if your waggler is in the right spot?

It is almost impossible to get a waggler fished over two rod lenghts out in the same spot every time unless you are fishing close to a feature.

Here is what I have started to do for open water or any range over two rod lengths :

Find your spot by plumbing etc.

Pick a far bank marker.

Tie a stop knot near either your butt ring or roller on your reel. I use mono or magic marker braid with fairly long tail ends so that casting is not effected.

Now all you have to do is cast towards the far bank marker and reel back to your stop knot.

Your waggler should now be in the same place every cast.

This is a method used by specimen anglers to clip up ledger rigs so they hit the same spot every time. With ledger methods I use magic marker braid on the mainline but tie the stop knot near the tip ring so that it does not hinder my indicators or alarms.

When I need to recast for whatever reason I cast in a different direction, reel the line until the stop knot touches the tip ring, clip up, reel in the rest of the line, then recast to my chosen spot and unclip.

Very handy for snag fishing!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Cheers Rudd.

For my money, you simply cannot beat waggler/float fishing.

The whole time I'm sitting watching a float I expect it to go under at any moment, even if I go long periods without a bite, I always seem to retain the feeling that the floats gonna dissapear.

Also, is it just me, or, does it happen to you guys & gals, that, when you glance away for a second & look back toward where you thought your float is, there's no sign of it - making you assume you've had a bite at that very moment, but further inspection reveals you're just looking in the wrong place! :confused:

That happens to me all the time!

The other thing that I find when I'm concentrating hard is when the water is gently rippled and you look away at say, the sky, the clouds appear to be circling around like some huge weather event is about to take place.

If you look at trees on the far bank they move!

It still takes me by surprise sometimes, and can be quite spooky.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

I'm sorry rabster, that avatar you are using was found by myself for my use. Please use, or find yourself another one.

[ 14. May 2004, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: kleinboet ]

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

kleinboet:

I'm sorry rabster, that avatar you are using was found by myself for my use.  Please use, or find yourself another one.

Oops, sorry about that Kleinboet.

I'll change it this evening as I'm just off to work now.