Carp ? (Float)

Danez

It is basicly the LIFT method.

A small float is used with a shot near the hook that over shots the float OR a big bait is used that sinks the float to an inch or two under the surface. The line does not need to be tight to the float like when using the normal lift method.

This method is used to eliminate line bites when stalking carp as a strike is only made when the float starts to rise out of the surface film.

You should connect with the carp every time and in the scissors of the mouth because as the float rises the carp has only just sucked the bait into its mouth.

With the normal lift method the shot near the hook is just enough to cock the float down to about 1/2 inch of the tip. The line is then tightened to dot the tip down.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

RUDD:

A small float is used with a shot near the hook that over shots the float OR a big bait is used that sinks the float to an inch or two under the surface. The line does not need to be tight to the float like when using the normal lift method.

This method is used to eliminate line bites when stalking carp as a strike is only made when the float starts to rise out of the surface film.

You should connect with the carp every time and in the scissors of the mouth because as the float rises the carp has only just sucked the bait into its mouth.

With the normal lift method  the shot near the hook is just enough to cock the float down to about 1/2 inch of the tip. The line is then tightened to dot the tip down.

Why doesn't the float need to be tightened down like when using a waggler float?

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks for that Rudd, not really done much fishing for carp, but have caught them whilst fishing for tench, thinking of going after carp soon though and as i say i saw this methode on tv this morning.

Peter Martin:

Peter Martin:

With the normal lift method  the shot near the hook is just enough to cock the float down to about 1/2 inch of the tip. The line is then tightened to dot the tip down.

Why doesn't the float need to be tightened down like when using a waggler float?
Because it is already under water.

The method is used in the margins and you use the smallest float possible, I have seen tiny wagglers or pole floats used.

As the float is under water and cocked by the bulk shot that are sitting on the bottom in the margins, it is not affected by wind, skim or tow.

Therefore you do not need to tighten up.

If you did you may move the float or spook the carp if they see a tight line.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

quote:

Originally posted by RUDD:

Because it is already under water.

Does that mean you have to watch a float that you can't really see? :confused:

From what i can make out ajp you fish the margins as someone has already pointed out, and fish with your float just below the surface without it actually breaking the surface, so i think a pair of polaroids would be a good idea which would help to see the float. As soon as it breaks the surface strike.