Shimano Triton TDL5 Lever Drag Reels

charliebettell

They're still for sale.

I had a £160 bid via the back door, then a £170 bid - which was withdrawn a few minutes later (!)

I don't know what to do for the best now - HELP!!!!

[ 02. April 2004, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: charliebettell ]

Charlie Bettell - www.esox.co.uk

Professional Pike Fishing Guide

Author: 'The Art of Lure Fishing'

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie, Get them back on Ebay, under the right title, but put them on Ebay.com. If you do, insist on international payment to be in Sterling only. It costs a fortune to change a foreign currency cheque. If you need any help, PM me.

I would imagine you will get over £200 for them. :D:D

[ 02. April 2004, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

I too have a pair of TLD5's, 1 in use and a new one in a box. I'm not sure of the spares situation so I'm loathe to use the new one. I also have a Daiwa Gold lever drag in the box, they discontinued it as soon as I'd bought it so I never used it, again spares.

Perhaps a concerted plea to Shimano to bring them back might work, it worked with Daiwa and the SLSH20, they must still have the tooling for them. There's nothing like them on the market. Cheers, Norm B.

• 3 weeks later...

Charlie, Thanks for the reels mate, absolutely beautiful items. Have they ever been used?? They haven,t got a mark on them. Turbot fishing Saturday with them, will let you know how it goes. BB

Hi Charlie, I had four plaice to 4lb 7ozs, one turbot about 4lb, one pollack about 3.5lb, loads of launce with a few mackerel. The weather was flat calm and blazing hot all day. Heaven. Reels are perfect. Lots of jealousy my friend. All the best , BB