first outing on "ORCA" stranraer

tack4

heading out with mike watson on orca this saturday with some fellow nhs employees.

I'm the only sea angler (barring mike) but very new to boat fishing two rods 20-30lb class and two reels fully loaded with 40lb braid on 30lb mono backing ( approx 150 yd braid on each)

rigs have mackie feathers, hokais, some wire conger/tope 8/0 traces,

some muppet rigs, jellys and shads will be taking some 35lb line for flowing traces, hooks,zip sliders and a mix of weights from 4 oz bombs to 10oz

will give morrisons a look for some squid late friday.........

have i forgot anything?........................

tips and advice welcome

cheers

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tack4 - sounds like fun. What fish are you expecting and what water depths?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Should be a good trip m8. Hes a very good skipper. We are out with him at the end of the month. Expect haddies and mack from them reefs then plenty of pollock poor cod pout coalies etc from the wreck if he takes you there. Conger too but leave them there for me please :D

Forgot your old mate Snatcher swine :(

Enjoy the trip Andrew,hope your stomach holds out better on this trip :):) than on our last one.

Tell you what if you are getting amongst the pollack would you mind trying a Snatcher launce/sandeel on a flowing trace to see how it compares to the other methods being used in the boat,cheers.

Hope its a good trip mate,will call to your house Sun morning,give the wains a hug from us X

Tight lines

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Newt not too deep approx 60m a few tasty wrecks so should produce the odd cod ,ling,conger and pollack. from reefs haddock & mackies

wind looks to be dropping for sat fingers x'ed

[ 28. July 2005, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: tack4 ]

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Approx where will the boat be fishing Andrew and were is it berthed? If you catch too many cod and salmon you can give me a few on Sunday morning

So who is the ninja assassin on the Mull then,Billy is going to get "knobbled" because he is catching too many bass and I am getting pushed in so I can become the third musketeer

Best watch my back then;)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy