Saltwater lurefishing

Croix

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction regarding venues for some shore fishing with lures. I'm hoping to get away for a few days either to the Welsh or south coast but living in Derbyshire it's quite hard to get decent info on sea fishing, especially sea fishing with lures.

I'm not looking for anyone to give away their prime fishing spots but hopefully just a bit of info on general areas that may be worth a try.

Thanks in advance.

Alan Taylor:

Let the lads and lasses know Exactly where you are going and they will come up with the goods.

Alan(nl)

[/QB]

That's the trouble Alan, I'm not sure where to go. I was hoping to get some suggestions on either the Welsh or south coast.

Cheers

Along the south coast, basically any rocky headland that still has a reasonable amount of water over it at low tide will produce fish at the right state of the tide. If it has gulleys & weed on the bottam...jackpot!

I found 1/2 way up & down to be the most productive times of the tide, & while mornings & evenings were clearly the best times, as long as the level was right I had no problems catching anytime during the day.

Lures worked well, but what worked better by far was spinning a sandeel.

The method was simplicity itself, 1.5lb - 2lb t.c. rod, 8lb line, size 6 or 4 hooks then swan shot about 18" up the line for weight, obviously add or remove depending on how deep you wanted the sandeel to fish. One thing though cut the eel in two & use the head half or you will be plagued by having baits ripped off the hook!

Spin the eel deep & the Pollack will hammer it.. hang on to the rod! :)

Spin well up in the water & the Garfish just love it :)

A little deeper & be ready to do battle with the powerhouse Mackerel :D:D

It's one of my favourite styles of fishing, very mobile, simple & above all dirt cheap!!

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.