Thunderstcks

glennk

Can anyone help with this ? I am looking for some storm jointid thundersticks. I dont mind the chrome/black and chrome/blue but I really want to source some metalic rainbow.

Is there any little stores around the country where I could find some of these lures ?

I reckon ebay will be your best bet, Glenn. Or Veals, or Harris sportsmail, perhaps? Why do you want the JTS in particular?

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Thanks for your help. Ive seen quite a few places in the states but its getting pricey these days. I was hoping to find some in the UK, perhaps last years stock at a decent price. Ive checked out Henrys but the prices seem very high.

Hi Steve, last year was my first season bassing in this area and I was really quite pleased with the results. I experimented with a few lures - Storm jointed, maria BW, Yo zuri crystal minnow. Most of my fish fell to the storm jointed. They look horrible and like nothing that would swim in the sea but they accounted for most of my best days. I also did really well on the maria BW but they are twice the price and I seemed to loose them with ease when fishing over the kelp.

Have you any suggestions for other lures to try ??

Edited by glennk

Thanks for your help. Ive seen quite a few places in the states but its getting pricey these days. I was hoping to find some in the UK, perhaps last years stock at a decent price. Ive checked out Henrys but the prices seem very high.

Hi Steve, last year was my first season bassing in this area and I was really quite pleased with the results. I experimented with a few lures - Storm jointed, maria BW, Yo zuri crystal minnow. Most of my fish fell to the storm jointed. They look horrible and like nothing that would swim in the sea but they accounted for most of my best days. I also did really well on the maria BW but they are twice the price and I seemed to loose them with ease when fishing over the kelp.

Have you any suggestions for other lures to try ??

Try putting some effort into using spoons, Glenn, to see how you get on. The Abu Toby is a great bass lure, as is the Abu Krill, and they are as cheap as you like. You can fish them at any depth and at a good variety of speeds. When you get the hang of working them they look every bit as good as any plastic jointed plug. Because they are cheap, you will fish them in places where you wouldn't dream of casting a £10 piece of plastic and, as a result, will catch more bass.

Another option is the plastic Slug-go lures. Not as cheap as they should be in this country, (I bought some big packets of them them in the States last year for peanuts), but they still work out a lot cheaper than fancy plugs and they catch plenty of fish. Again, spend some time learning how to work them and they will perform every bit as good as a lure costing 10 times as much.

As with all lure fishing, it's often not what lure you use, but where, when and how you use it. The where and when being most important. Last year I caught bass on a key, a biro and a battery!

Don't drink and drive.

As with all lure fishing, it's often not what lure you use, but where, when and how you use it. The where and when being most important. Last year I caught bass on a key, a biro and a battery!

Remember my 'aliens'? :)

http://www.ratemyfish.co.uk/showphoto.php/photo/164

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Thanks for the replies. I can see how useful a Toby would be, in particular from the shore. I worry about it for kayak trolling as by the time you cast in, put the rod in the holder and set off paddling it will be on the bottom. I think I will be adding a couple to my collection though specifically for casting.

Thanks for the replies. I can see how useful a Toby would be, in particular from the shore. I worry about it for kayak trolling as by the time you cast in, put the rod in the holder and set off paddling it will be on the bottom. I think I will be adding a couple to my collection though specifically for casting.

What? You mean you've not yet tried dragging a lure across the bottom? I won't say anything else, mate, just give it a go.

Don't drink and drive.

:o As we paddle the depth can go from 30 foot to 2 foot in an instant and were often fishing over a kelp forrest. There may be some places we can get away with this tactic but not that many to be honest. In our first year of experimentation we seem to have found more bass in the roughest ground than on the soft. But maybe we will see different this next year ?? I will definately keep your tips in my memory bank and should the opportunity arise I will utilise them.

I watched the Henry And Graham Hill show and they seemed to find quite a few bass on the sand around sandbars. Maybe we should be looking to these type of areas too ?