Images for a home sick Geordie

Snatcher

Yes Tony that's why I said I was surprised Snatcher took them from the south side. :P

Still at least he had the sense to move to the right side of the Tyne, so we can't be to harsh with him, he's a canny lad really. :P:D

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

It ain't right snatcher. That first set of photos - all that water and not one person fishing. It just ain't right. :headhurt:

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

It ain't right snatcher. That first set of photos - all that water and not one person fishing. It just ain't right. :headhurt:

Newt funnily enough the river Tyne has been cleaned up that much now that sea anglers regularly catch cod under the Tyne Bridge! Such a thing would have been unheard of 20/30years ago. Bearing in mind Newcastle lies about 10 miles up the river from the coast not bad is it.I think the attraction for the cod is the river crabs.

Also the Tyne now boasts the best run of Atlantic salmon in England :rolleyes:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Here we go DelJ,went out on a photoshoot this afternoon along the seafront.These should bring back some memories for you

The Spanish City.The funfair is no more and the actual building is being refurbished at the moment

2-58.jpg

Whitley Bay beach at highwater

4-47.jpg

St Marys Lighthouse

5-48.jpg

Took this one directly in front of the Rex Hotel

3-52.jpg

This was at Marconi Point

6-47.jpg

Cullercoats north pier

8-35.jpg

Cullercoats Harbour

7-42.jpg

Hope you enjoy them

John

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Snatcher

Did you ever poach the lake at Saltwell Park, there were rumours of some decent Pike in there back in the day.

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Snatcher

Did you ever poach the lake at Saltwell Park, there were rumours of some decent Pike in there back in the day.

Yes I did poach it one night but got nowt. As lads we used to bring back gudgeon,perch and eels and put them in Saltwell Park Lake :rolleyes:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

• 4 weeks later...

DelJ was out with the camera yesterday taking a few local for my daughter.She lives in Sydney and likes to be kept updated as to changes in Whitley Bay. This is what I sent her then :D

The Alletsa Ballroom at the bottom of the Esplanade has just been demolished.Private flats will be built on the land

4-51.jpg

Work is still ongoing on the Spanish City Dome

3-56.jpg

A new skateboard park has been built in the Panama Dip

2-63.jpg

Whitley Bay Playhouse is undergoing a total refurbishment

1-79.jpg

John

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Cheers for them John I guess Whitley Bay is like most places now in that everything seems to be being demolished and something new put in its place. I have to be honest and say that IMHO it is not always for the best. I used to love the old Spanish City when I was a youngun but that was unfortunately many moons ago.:mellow:

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.