Images for a home sick Geordie

Snatcher

Well DelJ,the last time you came back up here from sunnier climes was 1993,is that right. Here are some images I pulled off my pc just for you then :)

I will let you tag them for the benefit of everyone else on this forum. Any other shots you would like to see just say the word.

IMG_5328.jpg

IMG_5405.jpg

IMG_5452.jpg

IMG_5413.jpg

IMG_4203.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4217.jpg

CullercoatsDawn-1.jpg

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Nice one boss :rolleyes:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Many thanks John & Steve I'm a bit surprised John that you went over the water to take your shots of the Tyne, the Swing, & Millennium Bridges. ;)

You also show Collingwood's Monument at Tynemouth, I've had many a walk along the north pier of the Tyne. The 5th. one if memory serves me right is the High and Low lights at Shields. To my eternal shame I can't as yet name the last one though I know I should be able to. Steve' shots of caurse are the Tyne Bridge, and The Angel of the North.

I now find myself having to be extra nice to SWMBO to try and persuade her to have a trip up to Gods Country this summer. :thumbs:

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.

It was Cullercoats DelJ,Beverley Terrace on the sea front.Thats St Georges chuch in the background.Eventually found my "Angel" photos!!

a2-2.jpg

Try these three out then,all taken at the same venue in the North East.If you get stuck will add a clue or two :rolleyes:

p1-1.jpg

p2-1.jpg

This last one has really been smartened up recently soit may throw you!

p6-1.jpg

John

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Correct Fred,it was Saltwell park Gateshead.I was a Gateshead lad for about 25 years before moving to Whitley Bay. I lived a short walk from the park.The grammar school I attended was Heathfield Co-ed on the eastern boundary of the park.I used to walk through it daily on my way to school.

It has just had millions spent on it through grants.Saltwell Towers is now a visitor Centre/Cafe.Nicelyspotted Fred :thumbs:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Correct Fred,it was Saltwell park Gateshead.I was a Gateshead lad for about 25 years before moving to Whitley Bay. I lived a short walk from the park.The grammar school I attended was Heathfield Co-ed on the eastern boundary of the park.I used to walk through it daily on my way to school.

It has just had millions spent on it through grants.Saltwell Towers is now a visitor Centre/Cafe.Nicelyspotted Fred :thumbs:

In my younger days my mother used to organise coach trips in the school holidays, Saltwell park was a favourite with everybody.

When i got married and had kids i took them there a couple of times, happy days.

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

The problem with the last set of pictures is that they are all south of the River; I normally keep my eyes firmly shut when I have crossed the Tyne and only open them again once I am back in the Garden of England :D:D:D

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

The problem with the last set of pictures is that they are all south of the River; I normally keep my eyes firmly shut when I have crossed the Tyne and only open them again once I am back in the Garden of England :D:D:D

Yes Tony that's why I said I was surprised Snatcher took them from the south side. :P

Still at least he had the sense to move to the right side of the Tyne, so we can't be to harsh with him, he's a canny lad really. :P:D

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.