Fishing in Northumberland

Guest NickInTheNorth

Guest NickInTheNorth

I'm supposed to be visting Northumberland between the 7th and 14th August. Jill, Caitlin and Eilish get to visit the Alnwick Music Festival every day. Poor me has to find something to do, so I thought I'd try fishing!

Any suggestions of still waters or rivers which I can get day tickets for would be gratefully received.

Nick, What about the famous Keilder Dam, 2700acres of water. The worm starts on the 1st June or thereabouts. Tel No is 01434 250312. You can hire boats as well. :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

there are some free stretches on the tyne at corbridge, it's about a 30/40 minute journey from alnwick, but puts you onto sea trout, trout and salmon fishing for the cost of a rod licence.

appologies to elton for putting in a link, but keith reader or nigel turnbull (both AN members though rarely seen) know the waters better than I, they both can be found on http://www.northeastangler.co.uk

hope that's of some help mate, and if you find the time how about meeting up for a jar, I'm sure it's my round.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Would try Fontburn reservoir,its fly or worm for the troots. Also Sweethope can fish very well,it used to be fly only but I think bait is allowed on one of the lakes. They are both day ticket waters but I do not their tel nos to hand.

Tight lines Nick

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I've heard some good reports on sweethope from one of my neighbours, with the added interest of catching pike on fly too.

the lake was stocked with trout up to 12lb in May, flies are dawson's olive, black fritz, cats whisker daddies hoppers sedges hawthornes and buzzers/nymphs.

tel 01830 540349

Fontburn is getting a lot of fish, the best fish in may was 13lb 3oz. No phone number is listed.

Best flies were black fritz, appetiser, viva and dawsons olive.

much of this info is courtesy of northern game angler magazine which can be found at www.northerngameanglermag.co.uk

[ 23. June 2004, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: phil dean ]

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY