TACKLE HIRE IN LONDON

Dan G

Hi All... I'm running a corporate fly fishing event at Syon Park in London. One of the participants hasn't fished before and she obviously therefore has no tackle.

I want to try and hire some for her, so she can join in the day. Has anyone got any ideas or contacts who may be able to help?

All I need is a rod, reel and floating fly line!

You could always try Hugh O'Reilly at the Sharpes of Aberdeen shop in Marylebone. Tel: 020 7258 1233.

If he can't hire you some stuff himself he'll know of someone who can I'd reckon.

Cheers,

Adz.

Get your EA rod licence here!

presumabley all the other participnats have fished before, and are bringing their own tackle, might one of them have a spare set? worth asking i would have thought

Jeepster - I'm going to ask, but most of the guys wouldn't be to keen on a novice flicking around there new £700 Hardy Angel!!! It's a little bit like that, but i'll definitely ask...

ADZ - Thanks for that - i'll give him a try.

Mick - The baliff has recommended Albury Game Angling, but it's 30 miles away, so not very convenient.

Anyone with any other suggestions???

The buying isn't an option, unfortunately... I'll ask, but I don't think she'll be up for that.

Cant seem to get in touch with Hugh @ Sharpes...

Just had a walk (turns out I only work two blocks away) to Hughies @ Sharpes of Aberdeen. He's offered to hire me a rod etc for the day at a very modest price.

What a great bloke he is - really nice chap. He's given me his card and was telling me about the trips he's organising.

So for anyone evr in London and like fly fishing - go and see Hughie on York Street, Marylebone!

Thaks for the last email ADZ, but i'm hopefully sorted! I'll let you know how the day goes.

No worries - figured Hugh would be able to sort you out with something ;-)

His trips to the Test for grayling, usually from October onward, are excellent value and always a good laugh - see you on one of them with a little luck.

Cheers,

Adz.

Get your EA rod licence here!