Weekend in Ireland

Salar

fisherman:

Nice fish and some great pics.

Never fished in Ireland, looks like the place to be.

Dave

..And soooo tasty, none of that muddy flavour from stockie lakes. Best of all, the fishing is usually FREE. Most people fish from a boat, mine cost 40 Euro boat and outboard, big enough for three. You only need a licence for Salmon. Getting over need not break the bank, Easyjet Gatwick-Shannon out Thursday back Monday cost me £49 all in. You do get British anglers visiting but relatively few. I can't understand why they spend £30-£50 a day to stand shoulder to shoulder with other anglers round a pond when they could have fish like these. Any idea what puts them off? That's a genuine question as I have a potential interest in that direction (as my wife is Irish).

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

brownie.jpg

This is my favourite brownie - photo doesn't do it justice, but it was beautiful. Caught from a private lough in the Campsies, Scotland.

Salar:

I can't understand why they spend £30-£50 a day to stand shoulder to shoulder with other anglers round a pond when they could have fish like these. Any idea what puts them off? That's a genuine question as I have a potential interest in that direction (as my wife is Irish).
If I lived in the UK I would be worried about a lot of things, mainly local knowledge.

Before embarking on any trip I use AN regulars to help with B&B, availability of day tickets and boats etc. Transport to and from the water, alternative venues if the weather is too rough.

Our trip to my Sister should be fairly plain sailing, the boat and venue are booked (just in time evidently), accomodation sorted, being met for the last leg of the journey to avoid getting lost, the local clinic has also organised an oxygeon supply for me :) OK its family but the same goes when we fished Lymington, twice for me, the second trip Jabee took care of every thing and this is the sort of thing that is needed "over there". With Jabee organising things I felt very secure and comfortable and did not have a worry in the world.

We once ventured down to a lake in France for 5 days Carp fishing, after a 8 hour drive to the lake, buying our licences (I told em it was stupid) 2hours driving around the water only to find that there was not a single place available to fish and there were 6 of us. We turned round and came home very dissapointed and well out of pocket. Mind you we did have enough boilies for the rest of the year :D

The trip has to be relaxed and knowing the logistics have been taken care of to the last detail. For me anyway

Rambling again.

Alan

ps Why is every thing so big on my monitor AGAIN :mad:

[ 10. May 2005, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/