Fishing holiday

chuby

Just back from a weeks fishing in Midlands-Shropshire,coarse and trout.Fished Delbury Hall at Diddlebury for two rainbows,which fought like stink-only around 2.5lb max but absolute mental cases :D .Remainder of our/my fly fishing was at Hurst Farm-Bridgnorth,and had a futher seven fish on bloodworm and buzzer with three of them on dries :) ,my first ever on this method.Only actually did around 16 hours fly fishing,so quite pleased-missed an awfull lot of takes on one trip though demon

Fished Shatterford :mad: :mad: :mad:Would not set foot there ever again

Guest PhilB

I think I will be at Hurst in early August. I'm also going boat fishing on Brenig. I've never fished Hurst and haven't been to Brenig for years......any tips gratefully received! :)

franticfisherman2:

I think I will be at Hurst in early August. I'm also going boat fishing on Brenig. I've never fished Hurst and haven't been to Brenig for years......any tips gratefully received!   :)  

Tips-yes-dont ask me :D:D ,you are talking to a new returnee to fly fishing.

Hurst Farm-It's about 3 acres,open with some weed beds,tree lined at rear of front bank and triangular shaped.I think it is fairly easy :D:D .Have fished it quite a few times on two holidays and a weekend break,never more than 4 hour stints though.The owner is quite easy going,if staying there he will sort out a deal for you-otherwise it's £15 two fish and release afterwards,half day.Caught on bloodworm,buzzers(a first for me) and dries(another first)also damsels and fritz montana's.Fish are from 2lb to around 8lb,although think there are far more 2-2.5 lbers.

Rainbows and blue's.Most of the returns seem to be in the region of 3/6 fish per angler,but also a fair proportion of 15/20 fish recorded.

my daft wee buzzers were alledgedlly doing quite well on brenig, recently, tied on heavy gauge wire hooks fished deep if any are required please say, at the moment I seem to be able to tie flies better than catch fish, oh woe oh woe. :(

Guest PhilB

Jim, don't worry about us - we have plenty of buzzers in all colours and sizes thanks. You need to concentrate on catching fish! :D

FF1 has resurfaced I see, he's right about the "dreaded red midge pupa", I don't suppose much has changed in 20 years

Hey ff2 is this Brenig Water North Wales?

If it is years ago the fish went mental on the evening rise to hawthorn flies. Never seen a hatch like it. Got my first brook trout there as well

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Guest PhilB
Snatcher:

Hey ff2 is this Brenig Water North Wales?

If it is years ago the fish went mental on the evening rise to hawthorn flies. Never seen a hatch like it. Got my first brook trout there as well    

the one and only......