Bellbrook Valley Fishery

chuby

Anyone out there fished this place please.Looking for a possible weeks fishing/Stay in 2006.Any info welcome.

If anyone has sayed at any other fisheries,within 3/4 hours of London,any recomendations would be most welcome

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Anyone out there fished this place please.Looking for a possible weeks fishing/Stay in 2006.Any info welcome.

If anyone has sayed at any other fisheries,within 3/4 hours of London,any recomendations would be most welcome

Thanks.

I have fished Bellbrook in the past....it used to be well known for big fish

Rockbourne in Hampshire is worth a look ....I used to be the fishery manager there also try Avington,Avon Springs and Rooksbury Mill all within easy travelling distance of London

Rockbourne in Hampshire is worth a look ....I used to be the fishery manager there also try Avington,Avon Springs and Rooksbury Mill all within easy travelling distance of London

Thanks.

have now booked a week in early june At Bellbrook :)

Hi Rodbuilder, when were you manager there at Rockbourne? how long ago?

I was there this week end with a couple of mates. Yes the setting is great , 6 nice but small lakes, the ones at at either end were the clearest but still could not spot any fish for stalking purposes.

I caught my limit and my mates got two fish each, thing is we did not see many fish on the move all day, there were a few head and tailing but I would have thought on a fishery that size you would hear a couple jumping somewhere.

The fish that I caught, 2 were dull and been in a while and the other was quite bright, all around the 3lb. stamp.

The owner is to my mind quite a miserable sxd, just my findings (and my mates), really seemed hard work to get any sense out of the man. Asked for 3 bacon rolls and it seemed to be a chore for him to oblige. (he did)

Perhaps he was more intrested in the 6 guys having a champagne breakfast before fishing.

Again asked if there was a chance of a cuppa in the afternoon and couldn`t even offer a reply.

Not a place we shall be revisiting I am affraid.

Are we the only ones to suffer his charms or did we catch him on a bad day. ??

Dave

ANMC Founder Member. Always learning

Hi Rodbuilder, when were you manager there at Rockbourne? how long ago?

I was there this week end with a couple of mates. Yes the setting is great , 6 nice but small lakes, the ones at at either end were the clearest but still could not spot any fish for stalking purposes.

I caught my limit and my mates got two fish each, thing is we did not see many fish on the move all day, there were a few head and tailing but I would have thought on a fishery that size you would hear a couple jumping somewhere.

The fish that I caught, 2 were dull and been in a while and the other was quite bright, all around the 3lb. stamp.

The owner is to my mind quite a miserable sxd, just my findings (and my mates), really seemed hard work to get any sense out of the man. Asked for 3 bacon rolls and it seemed to be a chore for him to oblige. (he did)

Perhaps he was more intrested in the 6 guys having a champagne breakfast before fishing.

Again asked if there was a chance of a cuppa in the afternoon and couldn`t even offer a reply.

Not a place we shall be revisiting I am affraid.

Are we the only ones to suffer his charms or did we catch him on a bad day. ??

Dave

Hi Dave

I was fishery manager there in 1995-96 then I started to work for Michael Evans in Russia on the Kola Peninsula (river yokanga).

Havent seen good old Rockbourne for a while and dont know much about the new owner....but I promise you even working in a job you love ....you can still get off days!!!!Looking after Rockbourne is damn hard work and very long hours.

Yellow is the colour at Rockbourne....dont know why but yellow in any guise seems to do the job...........or very very small weighted nymphs (more scruffy the better) fished slowly mid to deep.

I guess you have fished Avington.........??Probably the best small water on the planet for stalking and what a history!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Dave

I was fishery manager there in 1995-96 then I started to work for Michael Evans in Russia on the Kola Peninsula (river yokanga).

Havent seen good old Rockbourne for a while and dont know much about the new owner....but I promise you even working in a job you love ....you can still get off days!!!!Looking after Rockbourne is damn hard work and very long hours.

Yellow is the colour at Rockbourne....dont know why but yellow in any guise seems to do the job...........or very very small weighted nymphs (more scruffy the better) fished slowly mid to deep.

I guess you have fished Avington.........??Probably the best small water on the planet for stalking and what a history!!!!

Sorry but avington fishery has gone down hill badly. The present owner is , in my experience, a liar and a cheat and someone who cares more about functions in his bar than fishing and fishermen. We will cerntainly not be going back there again after being lied to and let down twice.

Yours Chris

Thanks.

have now booked a week in early june At Bellbrook :)

Avington is in my experience now, sadly, a big no no. the present owner/manager is a liar and a cheat and the lake seems to be badly maintained. We have been lied to and let down twice, something we find totally unacceptable. Me and the many friend that i fish with will certainly not be going there again. With the many great fishing venues we have in britain there is no need to use these mismanaged substandard venues that treat customers like dirt.

Welcome to the forum Alberthot :)

But you can't leave it like that! Come on, spill the beans, give us the skinny, what's the sp?, give us the lowdown on what happened at Avington? :unsure:

Welcome to the forum Alberthot :)

But you can't leave it like that! Come on, spill the beans, give us the skinny, what's the sp?, give us the lowdown on what happened at Avington? :unsure:

Yes come on.......I would like to know as well!!!!!!......Last time I was at Avington was probably about 6 years ago.....sorry to hear about its demise.