Feed Pellets....can't decide

Paul f

I have two choices here these are some of the main ingredients.

Sheep pellets.

ground corn,ground oats,wheat middlings,alfalfa meal,corn gluten meal,soybean meal.

Pig pellets

ground corn,soybean meal,dried whey,sucrose,cane mollasses,alfalfa meal,L-lysine

i would of chosen the sheep pellets because of the corn gluten but then remembered about the L-lysine which was used in a tank test by kevin ________s (Carp Fever)where the carp reacted strongly when introduced.What are your thoughts fellas?

Very true, the higher the oil content the more water resistant the pellet and the longer it will take to break down. I would suggest salmon oil/cod liver oil instead of sunflower oil though.

The oil content is the reason why halibut pellets can last all night (Oooer) they have a 40%+ oil content.

Singy

Paul Singleton

Les,

Be a little careful when soaking Halibut pellets, Singy is right they do last longer, but if you soak them too long in a dip (ie like boilies) they will begin to break down, I speak from experience!!

I have found a few hours to be ample, the time my pellets had broke down they had been in a dip for a week.

Great bait though, especially when teamed up with trout pellet method feeder.

In reference to your original question, I have used Pig & Sheep feed, but unfortunately didn't find them that effective, however, I did boil the pellets up & drain off the resultant liquid which is very dark & strong, it makes an ideal partner for groundbait.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.