24 hour tickets

Polly

be careful with swangey mate, the place is hammered big style, also if you dont like rats dont go there, Infested with them! And they are not bothred if its day or night, nor are they bothred about you getting in the way!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norfolkdan:

I've heard the smaller lake is a real runs water, with people catching more than 10 decent carp a night.

The big carp lake also holds cats, and I constantly read in the paper that they're pulling out decent carp. I think if I remember rightly a 24lb 5oz, 26lb 7oz, and a 32lb 5oz were all pulled out week before last.

Although I've never fished it, so don't know what it's like

Do you mean Earith ot Woolpack, got a feeling you're talking about Earith???????

I'm a member at the Woolpack and would appreciate any help re:- Carp. As I said, mainly gone after the tench and bream til now so although I'm not a "Noddy-No-Hoper" I'm still learning the carp scene.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

twochay:

be careful with swangey mate, the place is hammered big style, also if you dont like rats dont go there, Infested with them! And they are not bothred if its day or night, nor are they bothred about you getting in the way!

Heard it was a mid-week water and to be avoided at weekends at all cost. Also heard about rat problem and I hate the bloody things to the point of being nearly "phoebic". I shivver at even the mere sight of a rat so maybe Swangey is not for me, especially for an overnighter.

Got goosebumps just typing this and thinking about them

you and me both mate and i AM phoebic! :mad:

Polly:

Polly:

I've heard the smaller lake is a real runs water, with people catching more than 10 decent carp a night.

The big carp lake also holds cats, and I constantly read in the paper that they're pulling out decent carp. I think if I remember rightly a 24lb 5oz, 26lb 7oz, and a 32lb 5oz were all pulled out week before last.

Do you mean Earith ot Woolpack, got a feeling you're talking about Earith???????

I'm a member at the Woolpack and would appreciate any help re:- Carp. As I said, mainly gone after the tench and bream til now so although I'm not a "Noddy-No-Hoper" I'm still learning the carp scene.

No, I was talking about Swangey mate, but seeing as you don't like rats (and who does ) Probaly not the best venue. :)

Cobbleacre is a great fishery, and I'm going there in a couple of weeks for a night session, will tell you how it fishes :)

Dan

so am i, I am their whitsun for the week. Cant wait to be honest, will be the first time i have been back since i left. Just done a 34lb mirror as well. Loads of 20's out to 29lb 8oz + 2 30's

Norfolkdan:

Norfolkdan:

Norfolkdan:

No, I was talking about Swangey mate, but seeing as you don't like rats (and who does ) Probaly not the best venue. :)

Cobbleacre is a great fishery, and I'm going there in a couple of weeks for a night session, will tell you how it fishes :)

Thanks mate, please let me know. Strangely enough wifey had a paper work clear/ Junk mail out this weekend and amongst the "crap" she chucked in my direction was a Cobbleacres leaflet so I'll have a read of that too but would really appreciate any tips and info.

steve17:

taverham mills wil suit all your needs

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/taverham_mills

Looks superb, added to my favourites for a better look later. I think this ia the venue managed by Simin Wrigglesworth isn't it? I mey and had a quick chat with him a while back when he was fishing @ St Ives lakes.

Polly:

Polly:

taverham mills wil suit all your needs

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/taverham_mills

Looks superb, added to my favourites for a better look later. I think this is the venue managed by Simon Wrigglesworth isn't it? I met and had a quick chat with him a while back when he was fishing @ St Ives lakes.
There, that better!!!!! spelling somewhat better now.