24 hour tickets

Polly

Looking for lakes that do 24 hour tickets that have large head of 10-20lbs fish (such as CATCH 22 Nr Norwich) within 50 mile radius of Cambridge. Reason is, just formed mini carp fishing group at work (all four of us!!!) but we've already got our own memberships to various fisheries. We'd like to have a few over-nighters and socials on day/night ticket venues so any info would be good.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earith Fisheries, wont catch less than 5 10lb+ fish in a seshion, stupidly over stocked pit, and the fish wont go any bigger either. Ah well.

Or my personal Fave is Woolpack fisheries, off the A14, owned by stanjay's tackle in godmanchester, just go down setup and pay when and if the bailiff comes round, lots of fish, you just gota find them and be on them. £15 a night.

http://www.elphicks-fisheries.co.uk

might be outside your 50 mile radius

but well worth it.

(no one under 21 allowed on the lake)

NORTH LAKE Adult only Non-members (minimum tackle requirements apply*)

Carp to 32lb have been taken this month with loads of high twenties on a daily basis. The catfish have at last woken up with several Moggies to high 20lb being caught. As always presentation and location is the key to success on North Lake. If its your first session, use a marker float!

*Minimum tackle requirements: 40” net, 40” unhooking mat, 2.5lb T.C rods and 10lb line per angler, no sharing allowed.

Pre-booking for, 24 hour plus, weekend sessions on North Lake is advisable 2-3 weeks in advance.

Please note: 19-22 May, North Lake is hosting a British Carp Championship eliminator and will be closed to the public.

there are 4 other lakes open to day ticket.

cobbleacre lakes

Adams for runs, Marios for quality

carping_mad:

Earith Fisheries, wont catch less than 5 10lb+ fish in a seshion, stupidly over stocked pit, and the fish wont go any bigger either. Ah well.

Or my personal Fave is Woolpack fisheries, off the A14, owned by stanjay's tackle in godmanchester, just go down setup and pay when and if the bailiff comes round, lots of fish, you just gota find them and be on them. £15 a night.

I'm already a member there mate!!! so if I took the others it'd be a bit like having home advantage.

So you're local then? do you fish the Woolpack regulary then? I've been a tench and bream man til this year, now geared up and gonna have a crack at the Carp so any tips on Carping at the Woolpack appreciated. I'm doing an over-nighter this Saturday and reckon on giving lake 1 or 2 a bash as lake 3 seems to be getting hammered at the moment (as is usual for gold ticket closed season on 4,5,6 & 7). I See Stan's opened up lake 8 this year and cleared pegs but still nobody fishing it. Can't work out why, I know there's good carp in there because I've seen them on the surface at the far end.

Anyway, any tips on the carp at the Woolpack would be appreciated.

Cheers - Phil

Thanks guys,

Three good looking venues, all popped onto my favourite for viewing later.

Leon at Angling Direct has pointed me at Swangey Lakes @ Attleburgh (Nr Thetford). I've heard a bit about them but they do not appear to have a website. I've got a contact telephone number and gonna ring the chap this weekend but would appreciate any info from anyone who's fished there or knows anythin about the carp lake

I've heard the smaller lake is a real runs water, with people catching more than 10 decent carp a night.

The big carp lake also holds cats, and I constantly read in the paper that they're pulling out decent carp. I think if I remember rightly a 24lb 5oz, 26lb 7oz, and a 32lb 5oz were all pulled out week before last.

Although I've never fished it, so don't know what it's like

Dan