Which keepnets are which

wotnobivvy

I see for sale 2 keepnets in one stink bag. They are described as one for carp and one for silver fish. To me they look identical, except for the colour. Which one do I use for which fish, or is there really no difference

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

I see for sale 2 keepnets in one stink bag. They are described as one for carp and one for silver fish. To me they look identical, except for the colour. Which one do I use for which fish, or is there really no difference

If you look carefully one will have a tv, led lights, camo bog roll holder and bivvy slippers.

That's the carp one :D

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

If you look carefully one will have a tv, led lights, camo bog roll holder and bivvy slippers.

not funny, even in a sarcastic way!! the carp keepnets are generally larger - width ways if not length ways!! They also sometimes have a finer mesh! hope that helps!! to be fair though and use my keepnets for either or - but not in same match obviously!!

wait wait wait, dip, strike, net, wait wait wait.....

well i thought it was funny :yeah:

now for the serious answer ,normally one net will be gray/silvers & Bluecarp etc but different brands use different systems and colours ,for my match fishing i use the dragoncarp match set (for the last 3/4 years) one gray & one blue net ,blue being carp and gray being silvers ,it also helped that they was labbled as carp and silver as well ,some brands use colour ,some labels ,others use size difference as like mjbarnes12 says to differentiate the two .

as a example the dragoncarp nets have changed but still colour coded (black = carp & gray = silvers) and lablled as well

l_SSP-E2.jpg

mind you its not bad at £29 ,i wouldn't hesitate too buy another set if i needed one .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

not funny, even in a sarcastic way!! the carp keepnets are generally larger - width ways if not length ways!! They also sometimes have a finer mesh! hope that helps!! to be fair though and use my keepnets for either or - but not in same match obviously!!

I thought it amusing as well! And certainly better than your dodgy advice (sorry that comes across a lot blunter than it was meant)

The reson that different materials re used for carp than silver fish nets is that the front ray/spine of a carps dorsal is both sharp and barbed. If it gets stuck in the mesh (very easy to happen in the "traditional" woven mesh of a normal keep net it causes a lot of damage to the fish. Keepnets specificly designed for retaining small carp are usually made from the same more cloth like material that carp sacks are.Obviously to stop this happening.Some of the more modern carp keepnets can in fact be used for either species (not at the same time is best though) as they look more like a traditional "mesh" but the fibres making them upo are solid as opposed to woven.

Any clearer?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I thought it amusing as well! And certainly better than your dodgy advice (sorry that comes across a lot blunter than it was meant)

The reson that different materials re used for carp than silver fish nets is that the front ray/spine of a carps dorsal is both sharp and barbed. If it gets stuck in the mesh (very easy to happen in the "traditional" woven mesh of a normal keep net it causes a lot of damage to the fish. Keepnets specificly designed for retaining small carp are usually made from the same more cloth like material that carp sacks are.Obviously to stop this happening.Some of the more modern carp keepnets can in fact be used for either species (not at the same time is best though) as they look more like a traditional "mesh" but the fibres making them upo are solid as opposed to woven.

Any clearer?

In my defence: He asked for what are the differences and not why!! ;)

to be fair though and use my keepnets for either or

No sorry MJ cant accept that defence plea Im afraid! Found guilty of the twin crimes of no sense of humour and dodgy advice! take him down bailiff! ;)

No sorry MJ cant accept that defence plea Im afraid! Found guilty of the twin crimes of no sense of humour and dodgy advice! take him down bailiff! ;)

I have a high standard of humour and it needs to be refreshed with new material once in a while!! haha!! I wouldn't say my advice was dodgy, lacking in specific details maybe, but it answered the question!! Trust me i'm a teacher :D

p.s. you'll have to find a baliff first!! :P

Dont worry MJ I talk bollo loads of times so Im sure it wont be long before I slip up again and you can give me the big red cross! :D

Hmmmm "See me later Burgess" still rings in my ears!

Edited by BUDGIE

Dont worry MJ I talk bollo loads of times so Im sure it wont be long before I slip up again and you can give me the big red cross! :D

Hmmmm "See me later Burgess" still rings in my ears!

on the contrary, it is all positive marking now adays and assessment for learning, I will simply correct your mistakes, ensure your understanding of the topic and then send you on your way!! :lol: