Nightmare!

p eye

What an absoloute living nightmare! I have just done a couple of

nights on the lake, great until this morning and then, well you know

what the wind speed got up to! To cut a long story short my bivvy

(Titan) is now in about 30 pieces, ripped and basically totally

destroyed. I have never known wind like it was this morning.Of the 5

of us who were fishing four are in the market for a new bivvy.Anybody reccomend a new one, wind proof! Oh and

by the way we all blanked!

Yours bloody annoyed,

jacko

My bivvy just about survived (tracker big z), but it was touch and go for a while. I had to pack it down and stand out in the rain for about 1/2 an hour when it almost folded inside out.

We had a few trees down around the lake (including a 60ft oak) - oh and the two of us on there blanked.

Rob.

I too fished the weekend and nearly got blown away.

Friday night was bad enough, but Saturday night was unbelievable, branches coming down all around us, and anything not nailed down ended up in the lake. Luckily I had my back to the wind so the Titan survived, and having waterproofed all the seams the week before - I even managed to stay dry!

I Blanked, but a mate had a nice double and a 25lb+ mirror, though he nearly got killed whilst landing it - a branch came out of the tree and hit him on the head as he netted the fish!!

The drive home was a bit scary; as we drove through the lanes back home a tree had come down right through a car! When we arrived the fire brigade were still trying to cut them out!

We then had to do a detour to get home, and just outside Leek, a massive branch fell on the road right in front of me, I couldn’t swerve to avoid it as a car was coming the other way, so had to go over it – resulting in the exhaust parting company with the car!

Got home to find the power off, hallway flooded, and a big tree down in the back garden (the trunk had snapped clean off at ground level!) which, on falling, had taken out most of the fence I’d just put up a couple of weeks before, with tree and fence ending up spread across my neighbors garden!

Hey, P Eye, do you fancy breaking your Titan for spares, I could do with one of the storm pole attachments :D

I’d go for an Armadillo mate!

Cheers,

Julian

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

You are welcome to the remains! I will have to recover the storm poles from the lake first though! I run cobbleacre lakes in norfolk and since sunday I have chain sawed 23 trees up just to be able to drag them to safety with the tractor! I was walking round chatting to the remainder of the lads who decided to brave it and there was trees coming down all around me ... scary as hell. Incidentally the bivvy that survived was a ..... ready for it! Chub Discovery! I have also been told that Armadillo bivvys completeley folded in the weekends storms, loads of complaints at the factory, I dont know how true it is. I have invested in the Fox Evolution now. Cheers Jacko

Hiya every-one,

I to fished this week-end, did Saturday& Sat night at bluebell lakes. I use a Fox classic easy dome & had it not been for the fact that our cars were behind us, making a wind break of sorts. I think that both my Fox & the son-in-laws Titan would have suffered damage, ( mine for sure)

Theres a quite large conifer behind me where I fished between the car and the bivvy, and Alan came and nearly dragged me out off my bivvy, as he was affraid that it was going to come over, it was at such angle.

The drive home was a bit "hairy" aswell, the A14 is a bit exposed in places and the wind was buffetting the cars about a fair bit, the M1 being very little better. After leaving the motor-way I have to travel on country roads through Charnwood Forest to get home, I live on the edge of Charnwood Forest, so have no choice.

On driving down into the village there were loads of big lumps of tree on the roads, but at this time in the morning it was still quite quiet on the roads so I could use the whole width to miss them.

I too lost a fence and posts, so if on your travels you find some 5foot panels and 8 foot posts they may be mine :D:D

I did catch by the way a 14lb 8ozs mirror, I was over the moon as I have never been to Bluebell before, but I will most certainly return, either in Nov or in the early new year.

I've just heard on the radio that we can expect 60mph winds again this week-end, looks like lots of us will be at home this week-end, if it's true. :mad:

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"