Recommend a bedchair.

Bretty

Try them out at one of your local shops - any shop worth their salt will stock a variety.

I think they are all lightweight (ish) now so that's less of an issue. I notice no one's mentioned Nash ones but don't overlook them. Nowadays they are pretty much all knocked up in the far east (including JRC) so quality will be very similar.

For what it's worth, I use a JRC cocoon 2 which is probably about 4 or 5 years old now.

HTH,

Rob.

My Fox Bivvy Bed folds flat.I must admit it is very heavy and the legs arnt really long enough for my liking.But this is the price you must pay (talking of price this cost me £250 some 10 years or so ago)if you are bigger than the average bear! I weigh 24 stone so choice of bed chairs and chairs is a lot more limited for me.In general bed chairs are a lot cheaper now than they used to be and there is a lot of choice.

I know what you mean about them being a pain if they dont fold flat though Rob,the origonal Fox bed chairs didnt and they done your head in carrying them!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Hi all,

Cheers for the help, I've invested in a brand new JRC Terry Hearn cocoon 3. Mail ordered due to arrive next week. I'll let you know what I think.

Thank again!