shelf life boilies

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but they are loaded with it anyway, as that is the point of them, they are loaded with smellies, and flavours, they consist of very little, if any, healthy food content for the Mr carp, so they relie on the high flavour content to continualy leak out until they are diminished, you could always dip them in water, and then air dry them for about 6 or so hours, then grind em up, and re make them adding what ever you like, if you can be bothered :)

But i supose someone will have something to say about my comment, so that is just my opinion

thanks for the tips guys, but what about using frozen boilies? then you could buy in bulk and take out however many you need for your session.but can you re-freeze frozen boilies if you do not use them all? i know i was initially asking about shelf life boilies and i am jumping from one subject to another, :confused: but i am just doing a little research. :D

With you all the way there carping_mad most shelf life boilies appear to be nothing more than a carrier for a flavour and tbh i am a firm believer of "feed em dont fool em"

By way of a carry on to this I had an interesting thing occur a few weeks ago fishing a 20 acre lake in kent that has a large population of tufties, geese and swans, now as it was very cold and bleak at the time I was amusing myself with my digi camera attempting some close up shots of the swans by throwing some bait for them to eat which tbh was working fine (got em to within 2 ft of me), now I had some shelf life tigernut boilies and threw them down for the swans which picked them up and promptly spat em out again, so I tried the same thing with some frozen (thawed out) tigernut boilies from the same firm and lo and behold they couldnt get enough of them in fact they ate far more than the fish did that day lol.

The moral to this story, if there is one? is maybe wildlife can detect and be put off eating something due to the preservatives that are included.

Coincidence possibly, but it sure got me thinking about frozen baits as apposed to shelf life.

lol. nice bit of research there mate. and thanks! at least i know i dont talk rubbish all the time! :P

Anyways:

mr. bean >> i have never had a problem with re freezing the baits, i have even used ones with freezer burn on them, and caught, but at the end of the day, if you are in the right place at the right time, you will catch!

Best of luck mate

Whilst on the subject of "Grinding" them up, does anyone have experience of a Rolling Table?

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Surely all that plastic cant be good for em :D now thats real shelf life :)

All joking aside mate cant say I have, I cheat and buy my baits from a company being the lazy bugger I am.

[ 10. April 2005, 03:01 AM: Message edited by: Andi ]