Radio Controlled Boats

Elton

Posted on behalf of Neil Tucker:

quote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Just a quick note to advise you of a problem that I have recently come across with Anglers (Fishing for Carp) using Radio controlled Bait boats to drop the bait in the right place and I wondered if you could spread the gospel for me, maybe post on your Bulletin Board and encourage users to spread the word too?

Whilst not an angler myself, I enjoy the hobby of radio controlled aircraft. It has recently come to my attention that some anglers are using 35MHz radio transmitters in order to control their boats. The Radiocommunications Agency in the UK has allocated the 35MHz band for aircraft use only. Use of this frequency for ground based devices is illegal and dangerous due to the interference caused by illegal devices.

If anglers are using 35MHz transmitters, they are not only breaking the law, (with a fine of up to £5000 possible) but are risking the loss of expensive RC aircraft and most importantly, putting peoples lives at risk. If a 15kg plane travelling at 100+ mph hits someone, the outcome can be devastating, (one young lad tragically lost his life last year after being hit by an out of control RC Aircraft).

I am sure that a lot of anglers would never dream about intentionally putting someone's life at risk just as I'm sure they wouldn't want to ruin  many hundreds of hours of some man's work, even if not the same hobby! Of course, there might be a hardcore of users who don't care.

If someone is currently using a 35MHz transmitter, ask them to stop. There are plenty of places on the web where they can sell their kit to eager Aircraft modellers, so they won't lose out financially. If someone offers a 35MHz transmitter to them, advise them to walk away and even report it. It is easy to spot, the crystal (usually at the rear) of the transmitter will have the frequency written on it, as well as the receiver in the boat.

I am sure that it is in the best interests of both pastimes to sort this issue out and would like to thank you for any help you can give.

Yours Faithfully

Neil J Tucker

High Wycombe

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

All angling technic boats (baitboat and microcat) use either 27 or 40 mhz transmitters.

The viper uses 40 as does the pod. These are all the currently available models.

There may well be conflicts with anglers who make their own boats though and they should be made aware of this

Paul Singleton

Sad thing is, the guy who sent me the email above has, apparently, had some not-so-friendly responses from other webmasters.

I've re-read his email and can't see anything in there that would cause offence. All he's doing is pointing out that:

a) the use of a 35MHz transmitter may cause an angler to, quite unintentionally, end up in court and,

B) by using the wrong transmitter, an angler may be endangering lives (again, without knowing it until now).

All the best,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Just placed copies on Carponline and Anglingforums.

No idea if the forum owners of either will have a problem. Surely not.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President