Best bait

Bigminnow

Hi guys, fairly new into carping "AGAIN" used to do years ago....umm real question being as things have moved on a bit now is what bait? for the time of year? basically fishmeal based ...fruit based...ect ect Nuts and pellets...when to use what??

any ideas and comment will be much appreciated"!!

:D:D:D:D

You might find that all the old baits still work, particularly with fish that have seen all the new baits! Most waters seem to have a "going" bait, so the best thing is to ask around, or better still, experiment until you come up with something that works and that noone elese is using...

all lakes are different mate. It is probably best to ask baliffs or anglers what they are using and either try the same or be brave and try something completly different. Sweetcorn is always a good bait to use!

I have found, although this isnt specifically (sp) for carp, a small pva bag of mixed pellets with either worm, pellet or maggots on the hook will catch nearly everything that swims lol.

joel

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

Luncheon meat and/or corn, it works on nearly every venue. The cheaper (and oilier) the luncheon meat, the better I find it tends to fish (Kwik save cheapo stuff - about 25p a can or something!!)

Boilies, hookable pellets and the like are all worth a go, and do outperform the above on some venues - but - I've not found many venues where at least some carp will not take spam/corn.

Ian W

I've been returning to bread, corn, maize and maggot rigs and trying to stop myself being sucked in by the next big boilie and I have found a lot more consdistant sport has come from it.