lure making

Andy_1984

cheers lads.

araldite isnt an option its a lot of hard work trying to get it to look professional without run offs.

a few build ups from the spray on stuff should look far better and smoother

Araldite is an adhesive mate, not a laquer or a varnish ;). You can get 2 pack poly lacquers, but I don't think you they are available in quantities less than 5L.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

cheers lads.

araldite isnt an option its a lot of hard work trying to get it to look professional without run offs.

a few build ups from the spray on stuff should look far better and smoother

I'd still strongly recommend yacht varnish. The problem with some of the cellulose sprays is that they are 'designed' to bond to the previous matching paint layer. If not they can peel and flake very quickly. Once you've got a scratch through the lacquer and water gets underneath it's curtains and time to do it all again....and again....

Yacht varnish seems not to really ever set. The advantage of this is, once scratched you can repair the imperfection by 'moulding' the varnish with a fine cloth (warming slightly first helps) back into the scratch/chip. It's probably cheaper than spray cans of lacquer as well by volume.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I'd still strongly recommend yacht varnish. The problem with some of the cellulose sprays is that they are 'designed' to bond to the previous matching paint layer. If not they can peel and flake very quickly. Once you've got a scratch through the lacquer and water gets underneath it's curtains and time to do it all again....and again....

Yacht varnish seems not to really ever set. The advantage of this is, once scratched you can repair the imperfection by 'moulding' the varnish with a fine cloth (warming slightly first helps) back into the scratch/chip. It's probably cheaper than spray cans of lacquer as well by volume.

I agree, whatever you buy andy make sure it is not cellulose based. Is the yacht varnish a two pack product?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I agree, whatever you buy andy make sure it is not cellulose based. Is the yacht varnish a two pack product?

Nope it comes in tins like wood varnish. It's good stuff.

Of course for a crystal-clear finish that is harder than diamonds and coats evenly all of it's own accord, you could simply use a 1:1:1 mixture of dragon's tears, anaconda toe jam, and carp sweat.

Good luck with collecting the ingredients B)

As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!