ZYG RIGS ?

mfduk

Just adding a tip to the thread. If you're fishing bottom rigs & find yourself in a zig rig situation, simply remove your hooklength & add the appropriate z/r hooklength.

Fold the hooklength (concertina style) to a length that will cause you no problems & tie with pva thread, if you want to, add a piece of solar foam to your hookbait & away you go.

Reasonably tangle free & quick.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

hello....couple of tips that might help!

1)When you fish depths of more than 3 feet and its hard to cast ,put the long hooklink in a mug on the floor behind you ,it makes it easier!

2)use a running lead set up for very aggressive takes although they self hook any way, its a safety point as well in case of a line breakage!

3)and as for bait a piece of the fake bread flake (size of a 5p bit)is differant to anything they would of seen at range!

steve fulling

That seemed to ruffle a few feathers and no it is not a teather rig. It is basically an extension of a bolt rig. Peter, there is no reason you can't use a safety clip it is just that I have used it like that for years. I could also name some very top profile carp anglers who also use this rig, and I don't suppose they would put the fish at risk would they. I know I don't intend to, and I would like to think the rigs I use are safe.

Paul

Another trick I was using the other night.

Put the rig in a big pva bag and stuff it with floating pellets ,bread and whatever.

They don't know whats hit 'em.

Keith

The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.

keith - thats clever - simple but damn clever - thanks cant wait to try it.

Seph / Peter - seems to me you both realy care about our fish and fishing.

MF

.........dreaming of a 20 :P