Fly fishin for Carp

dazler

I fancey giving this ago aswell, i would love to use a bread flake type fly, is there such thing or do i make my own? :)

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

I use a through action rod w/t forward line 8lb leader. lines a floater just use a cheap one cause carps get upset and disapear through any snag they can find!!!!! best carp on a fly rod is 21lb, a french fish that didnt know that french fish dont feed on the surface!!!!!!!! like hell! my best morning was 14 fish none of which had read the mags! :) go for it its great fun and teaches you to stalk fish properly

Cheers jim Any recomended rod length or just std 9'6???

DJ :D they just banned floating bread on my syndicate and using floating pellets or doggy chow is just Duck fodder demon Hence the interest in fluff chucking :)

p:s No one tell rabster about this its a secrete method for this season :D

How does it work, this fly fishing for carp mullarky??

Do you do all that backwards & forwards casting stuff?

As we all know, carping can be a bit of a waiting game, you couldn't keep that casting up all day could you?

I will just add, I've caught MANY off the top, bread (a 20lb'er on light tackle :D ) & more than you can poke a pole at on chum mixers (well the Lidl equivilent) so I know full well that floating a bait on the top is a very exciting way to fish.

But, how does Fly Fishing for them compare to throwing out a controller & surface fishing for them??

Is it better/more productive?

Well the way i fancey doing it would be to stalk the carp, (ring them, send them love letters, and wear an "i love carp" t-shirt :P )

Basicaly fish off the top for them, but flick the bait in and out a few times and let it settle.

Same as you would for troat.

I'm not a champion caster so it would be nice to kinda free-line, but without the worry of the bait flying off or using superglue.

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image