Blanked twice in one week

Ziffy

i wouldn't worry too much mate, i once went 13 yes 13 sessions without a fish, which was frustrating because my mate fished the same sessions same bait same tactics and caught ALMOST every time.

It was a bad spell.

It passed

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ziffy, Patterson's is between Syresham and Biddledon.

Just follow the A43 dual-carriageway south to Syresham.

Turn off for Syresham - Biddlesdon.

When you reach the roundabout at the top of the off ramp turn left towards Biddlesdon.

The gate is on the left.

Pattersons1.JPG

I haven't been to Patterson's since the dual carriageway was built, but I've seen cars going through the gate down to the lake.

If you are asked for money it'll be about £5. (it was £5 last time I fished there 18 months ago)

Use a good boilie or hair-rigged (trout) pellet and a PVA bag of small trout pellets. In autumn you should have carp every 10-15 minutes, up to 10lbs.

Let me know when you're thinking of going there.

[ 25. October 2003, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Gaffer ]

Thanks Budgie, but I feel I'm only putting in what I've had out of carp fishing. Over the years I've had loads of help from fellow carp anglers. (including yourself at the pike fish-in)

Ziffy, although you would have got there eventually, I gave you slightly the wrong directions :rolleyes: . I've ammended the map and directions accordingly.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

A few things that I forgot to mention...

The Great Ouse starts at a spring were the Monks stocking ponds once were in Syresham. Matt Hayes visited there on his Total Fishing programme when fishing the Great Ouse from its start to its finish.

Matt Hayes stood on the bridge in Biddlesdon, looked across the private estate lake and commented on how he would have liked to fish there.

Patterson's is a very coloured water and has a few Crayfish in there, but the carp beat them to the bait so its not much of a problem.

I've never known a water where the runs are so fast, they're absolute screamers!! Even with the baitrunner on, the rod has to be firmly secured.

In some places the banks are about 2ft to 3ft above the water, so take a longish landing net pole.

The carp definately move as one big shoal and start at one end of the lake before moving round the island to the other side of the lake. This isn't a problem as the fish show themselves quite readily by 'crashing' or 'topping and tailing'.

A hookbait in a PVA bag or The Method works well. Even though the water is packed with carp, they don't respond well to large beds of bait, like groundbait.