Static caravans for rent at fishery?

fruitloopy

I've spent a lot of time looking for reasonable priced accomodation for me and 3 other responsible anglers to stay at close to or on a good fishery for a long weekend at the end of July. Some places dont accept all male parties (I can understand it but we're not all bad!) and others charge ridiculous prices for just three nights.

We could camp but we just want to fish and dont want to spend hours putting up and taking down tents.

We're looking for East Anglia hopefully but will stretch our legs as far as we have to. Have a look at the attachment for an idea of how far our cars will travel.

Does anyone have a static caravan that we could rent from them at a reasonable price for a Friday to Monday in July? Or can anyone recommend somewhere that can provide what we are looking for? I had shortlisted Reepham Fisheries but they're fully booked.

We wouldnt trash the place, the ages of the four anglers are 16, 30, 35 and 39.

We need good fishing, reasonably priced accomodation in caravan, lodge, house, boat or whatever. It doesnt have to be the ritz.

Any help is much appreciated.

post-14080-1237465081_thumb.jpg

Not been myself - but this venue has been used for an IAC fish-in in the past. Glenn (Spindle on here) had his PB barbel of 13+lb on such a trip! Not caravans but can book accommodation for 2/3nights.....

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Try this one caravan ask for Angie

cafe on site for brekys

and tell her who put the link up

good club with cheap beer round corner and pub across road for meals at night

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

These suggestions are fantastic, thank you for your replies.

So far I really like the look of Townsend Lakes Fishery in Wisbech as its right down the road to me. The other guys who will join me live in Clacton-on-Sea and Braintree so its not too far for them either. I usually try to find somewhere of equal distance but I feel like I am running out of time now.

The Captains Lake is absolutely wonderful but it depends if they allow camping there or if there is a campsite nearby. I have sent an email to ask.

As for Peter M's reply. Brilliant!! Its a shame its the wrong date though, one of the anglers going is 16 and will be doing an exam on those dates.

Blyton Ponds has been added to the shortlist but its a bit of a trek for the others. I have emailed Angie for details though.

I have looked at Taverham Mill already but it strikes me as too much of a carp lake and most of us prefer chucking a float out. I could be wrong though so feel free to put me right! The accomodation is just what we're looking for though.

Thanks again, keep them coming if you can think of any more as I'm sure it may help others as well. :clap:

I have looked at Taverham Mill already but it strikes me as too much of a carp lake and most of us prefer chucking a float out. I could be wrong though so feel free to put me right! The accomodation is just what we're looking for though.

As I said - I've never been - but the guys I know that go to Taverham go for the river fishing not the lake - produces so very big barbel. IIRC there's a nice little weirpool - which is great for trotting....

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog