Am I alone?

Polly

Trying to buy various items of Fox kit, mostly evolution luggage and a quatro pod kit. Looking to spend over £400 in total but can I get it? NO!!! have all items on order with local tackle shop and have now been waiting 6 weeks for delivery. Have contacted another large mail order company who keep promising to call me back but never do. Their claim to fame is they have most of my requirements but are waiting for a pod kit. Both parties claim to be chasing Fox but without any joy and don't appear to even know when goods are likely to be available. Are Fox having trouble keeping up with demand or is there something more sinister behind the seemingly "don't care" attitude. I know there's new kit coming out and have seen the Fox 2005 mag. It all looks lovely but if you can't buy it for love nor money then what's the point in sending freebie product mags out with the monthlies. I'm also aware the prices are due to go up soon, if not already so I wonder if supplies to the retailers are being "slowed down" in order that Fox can then charge them more for the same items. I have an agreed price with both suppliers (retailers) so it wont affect what I end up paying but one of them did say about some of my required items that "The price's gone up on them, but I'll take that on the chin mate and honour our agreement". As I said I ordered the gear 6 weeks ago, long before any price hike. Am I being too synical here or are Fox playing a clever game to get more pennies for their stock?????

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

carping_mad:

Give Tackle Box a ring, i am damned sure they have all the gear you are after in stock!

Tel:+44 (0)1322 292400

http://www.tacklebox.co.uk/

Dropped them an e-mail but they were not prepared to offer any discount what-so-ever, just said prices as website. I'm looking to spend neary £600 @ RRP rates and would hope they could've offered something. Suppose I'll have to wait until goods arrive at local tackle shop, i'd rather give him the pennies anyway. getting very disillusioned with these BIG mail order boys but I suppose I hve the choice, pay full whack and get it all next week or wait and save a big chunk of wonga (18%).

When I wanted a fox deluxe system box my local shop ordered a few.

They took so long that I went elsewhere and even saved myself a fiver.

In the end it took my local shop THREE months to get them.

The owner (who is also a friend) of my local shop told me the problem with most tackle companies is that they supply the BIG bulk buying shops before the little ones.

Leeda are having a few problems at the moment.

I have over 10 40ft containers in storage and they are having to use outside warehousing as they have so much gear arriving from all over the place.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

RUDD:

When I wanted a fox deluxe system box my local shop ordered a few.

They took so long that I went elsewhere and even saved myself a fiver.

In the end it took my local shop THREE months to get them.

The owner (who is also a friend) of my local shop told me the problem with most tackle companies is that they supply the BIG bulk buying shops before the little ones.

Leeda are having a few problems at the moment.

I have over 10 40ft containers in storage and they are having to use outside warehousing as they have so much gear arriving from all over the place.

I've heard something very similar Rudd, it's something to do with rapid payment though. Apparently some retailers are on 7 day payment terms and it's those that get supplied first. Most retailers pressumably need at least 30 day terms. I'm sure it is the size of the outlet that facilitates this but I've spoken with two different LARGER suppliers/shops (Climax & CarpCrazy) and they are having problems getting gear from Fox too.

Is there anyone I can speak to at Fox? and would it do any good?

So where can I get hold of a Quattro Pod (KIT)? best price to date = £99.99 (+ £8.00 p&p)@ Carp Crazy but they are out of stock as are Climax, who's price is £107.50 (+ £7:50 p&p). Local tackle shop has pod & buzzer bars only for £102 but need bag (kit) for sensible storage and transporting from car to lake.