Bedchairs

*Ant*

I'm looking to buy my first bedchair and thought i'd benefit from the experience of some of you guys.

I obviously need it to be comfortable but I see weight to be a major factor. Should I go for a 4 leg or 6 leg? I'm favouring a 4 leg due to weight and being more compact but are they stable enough, are 4 leg bedchairs prone to tipping up? Ones that have caught my eye are the JRC Stealth, JRC Cocoon, JRC X-light (and x-light roamer) plus the new ones from Nash.

Thanks for any input. :confused:

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

aanthony:

I'm favouring a 4 leg due to weight and being more compact but are they stable enough, are 4 leg bedchairs prone to tipping up?

Thanks for any input.   :confused:  

Yes if you forget and put to much weight to far near top or bottom. The DIY answer is to get a couple of plastic 22mm pipe clips and a couple of cheap adjustable banksticks, screw the clips into the theads using plugs and screws job done.

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

Anthony,

I have only ever used a two legger but then I'm short so don't have the problem with the weight distribution. The three leggers aren't much more cumbersome, or heavy and I think they retail for about a tenner more.

If I were looking for new bedchair I'd go for the new Nash ones, they look very nice. I currently use a JRC cocoon 2 which is very good, but the newer ones don't look as good or well made.

HTH,

Rob.

Having now got a 3 leg bedchair I'd never go back to a 2 leg one. Due to a muscle illness weight is a major factor for me, but the weight difference is minimal.

I'm a great fan of JRC bedchairs, finding them the most comfortable. I've never had any problems at all with mine and my current one, the Stealth, is absolutely first class.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

i got a TH cocoon 3 leg about 2 months ago, very comfy and stable, i was going to get the TH stealth but in my opinion they sit to low and you can't put anything under them, they are good if you have a umbrella type brolly for more headroom.

I would go with a 3 leg, make its more stable and doesn't really add that much weight

JRC TH cocoon 3 :D