fishing service recommendations

stlawrencecarp

hello all, looks like a good message board so i had to jump in. this question im aiming at those of you that travel to remote locations for carp fishing,im located on the st. lawrence river in new york state/ usa and presently there is quite an increase in travelors coming here to fish for these huge carp we have in the river(ps: you guys are the only ones that fish for these things-nobody hear would even think about it-good for you)anyway im looking for ideas towards services that you would like to see if you were to come to a remote area to fish for carp, ie:tackle store-quide service-hotel accomadations-car rentals-boat rentals-transportation-equipment rentals etc etc. im open for any ideas that you may have and i look forward to your responces by this board or emails. thanks in advance

Hi,

Welcome to the board :)

You may find that this link will help some.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

a good breakfast to set the day-- fry up!if the fishings bad at least theres a high light lol (sad) ;op

thinks you haven't thought of...

clear access way to fishing area- the amount of venues you have to park your car a hike along bumpy areas make the setting up very annoying

swims that have plenty of room for each other-- not crammed in.

liter bins are important. How venues don't have bins?

tackle store is good with guide would be great- after all we don't know what you new yorkers use over there

im sure theres more...

and a loo for women!

TaTiAnA ;o)

stlawrencecarp - welcome to you.

Granted, there are not a huge number of carpers in the US and Canada (at least, not ones who will admit to it. :D ) but there are certainly some.

Take a look at the advert Here for details about an event that is scheduled for St. Lawrence County, NY, this next August.

And while I don't know where you get (or plan to get) your gear and baits and such, Wacker Baits in Chicago would be less expensive for most things than importing directly from the UK or something. Paul Pezalla owns and operates the business and is a great guy. Only knock I'd have on him is a strong fondness for Fox equipment. :D

Paul and a fish

paul-carp2.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

singy:

Christ I never knew Einstein could fish   :)

See, it's definitely the thinking man's sport :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Just now might not be such a great time to visit there though. A snippet from today's weather forcast for the southern section of St. Lawrence County, NY (northern border is the St. Lawrence river)

Forecast for Southern St. Lawrence County

Updated: 3:32 PM EST on December 18, 2002

Tonight

Clear through midnight...then becoming partly cloudy. Low zero to 10 above. Light wind.

Thursday

Partly sunny. High in the low 30s. Light south wind.

Not so bad you say? Well, the temperature listings are in ºF so make tonight -18 to -12 and tomorrow's high hovering around a balmy 0º.

[ 18. December 2002, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President