carp wizard

dapper64

This looks like an extremely complex and expensive way of solving the same problem that we have when using a dry fly, and as far as I can see KenL had it right when he suggested a sinking leader. If you don't want to use Fluorocarbon then you cam make just about any mono sink by applying one of the many sinkants produced for fly fishing (XINK is the one I use)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Oh dear, I am going to have to say something here.

In my opinion, what an over-complicated, over -priced gimmock to catch a carp 'off the top'. An alternative could be for you to train, over a period of time admittedly, a small kestrel or skylark that could hover over the lake with your line suspended from its claws. On suitable signal from you it would, on the carp taking the bait, release its trained grip. I recommend the skylark model as it is so much more tunefull than a kestrel.

If the venue you are fishing means you have to use a device that would not look out of place in an episode of Blakes Seven, because the carp 'are educated', then good luck to you and I hope the twenty quid outlay is money well spent.

"There are more floats that catch anglers, than fish"

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries