worst piece of tackle

Hi James, the worst piece of tackle that I've ever bought are the Fox Series 2 hooks! :(

They straighten out (open up) sooooo easy! :mad:

I even tried out different packets from different shops to eliminate the possibility of a bad batch, but to no avail....they're quite simply pants!

To be honest I haven't tried them for at least three years so they could've improved, but I'm not even going to take the chance.

Fox 'Load-shift' trolley (1992), which I forked out for due to a knackered ankle, and broke the first time I used it. The metal was so thin that repair welds broke almost immediately, so it ended up bolted together. The wheels were in the wrong place so you could never get it balanced, after a 15 min walk (struggle) to your swim your right arm felt like you'd spent a week watching Kylie Minogue videos.

'Load-shift'? leave out the 'f' and you're getting nearer the truth.

tube tool - errr hello what the hell is that about?

None shrink shrink tube, I kid you not.

Nash lead clips - that snap on every cast

Paul Singleton

Fox series 2 hooks ! ive got several packets of them for french carp fishing!!!!!!!!!!! nnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I think they have improved as i landed my 16lbder on them a year ago

looks like fox are not as good as oi once thought ive heard loads of bad reports but theose rangemaster rods are supposed to be good?are they

BEEEEP BEEP BEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

In all fairness to Fox they don't get a lot wrong, their stuff is generally pretty good.

Unlike some 'Trash' you can buy! :mad: .....snapping clips, been there, ask the guy on the far bank of Christchurch!!!

I agree with Gaffer, my (limited) experience of Fox gear in recent years has been very positive, but there did seem to be a period around 10 years ago when pre-launch testing seemed to be minimal. They must have changed their ideas or they wouldn't be where they are now.

(I've just received the Italian version of the Fox catalogue free with a magazine.. is there anything that Fox DOESN'T produce?)

many many years ago i bought a revolutionary float that could travel upstream (yes honestly in the 60`s) it could also be "trimmed" to stay more or less stationary to the flow ,on unpacking with typical boyish zeal i discovered this monstrocity with several wings that stuck out below water ,i tried it out on the medway using most of my weights to get it to cock :D and yes it did go upstream (in a fashion) merrilly twisting the line into knots ,unfortunatly the moby dick that was supposed to pull this beast under was having the day off so i had great delight in losing it on overhanging undergrowth on the far bank that it decided to swim to :D the other and more carpy was a butt mounted swinging arm type bite indicator (it was silver paper or squeezy bottle tops then) the only thing was it had a solid end eye that you had to thread the line through everytime you casted it smashed against the rod and if you had any knots in your line (we were poor we tied line together) it caught them every time and very cleverly the ledger came back at eye level very fast :D

[ 09. August 2002, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Worst bits i ever bought were Daiwa Sensor in 6lb b.s. Seriously crap line in that strain.Could have been the spool or batch,but never bought it again to check.Most pike floats,too flimbsy and the paint flakes off making them very hard to see.I now make my own which are indestructable.Fox pike drop arms.Line clip is useless,the foam which is painted orange peels and the colour dulls considerably making them hard to pick out,and the foam breaks into pieces.I now make my own which are 100 times better.Oh and any diamond eye swivels,yeuk!!! :rolleyes: