Best Line Choice ???

UncleZeb

its all down to personal choice, but i trust gr60, big game and sensor. for braid, gr500 is worth a look at.

for mono it has to be the gardner stuff. casts well and tough as old boots. 15lb could pull the plug out of the thames!

be lucky!

**sam**

If you are tempted to try braid go PowerPro - I've used this for quite a time for barbel fishing and it is very good. Was a Fireline before that - PowerPro is far superior.

Cheers

Bob

i just buy the cheapest bulk spool i can ,i am not one for fads or labels ,had the same line on for years, why buy new when the old will do.

p.s before you leap at my throat my 10lb line managed a 39lb catfish this year so has a few more years in it.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 3 weeks later...

Not quite as bad as Chester, I do respool my lines backwards halfway through the season. Someone mentioned Berkley photochromic and I have used it in fairly clear waters since it came out. Never yet had a bad spool. I have started to use the Vanish (12#) for leader material and sofar good results, but have not had any real good fighters on this season. Also have a couple of reels spooled with the Rapalla line (6#) and it has worked well. Fireline casts great but gets murdered in abrasive areas, so I only use it in streams with soft muddy bottoms. Than it will last longer than the mono (have one spool of 14# yellow that's over 3 years old and still in good shape. great for nite fishing). Tried Stren, Spiderwire mono and braid, and a few storebrands and did not like any of them (lost a 18#+ salmon on spiderwire, never used it again!).

Good fishin'; Hook.

• 2 weeks later...