pop up HELP

colby

Definately heat damage.Had the same problem when tying "looped eye" hair rigs in mono/fluro carbon.Never had the problem with braided or dacron hook lengths.Rather than using a lighter (I presume thats what your doing!) try an electric soldering iron.Much more controllable.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

what i have found is when tying a D-rig is that when about to heat the tag end of the line, i push it as far through the eye as possible, literally leaving the ring tight againt the shank of the hook then melt the end very gently until i can let the tight line with the ring on go to leave it hanging in the d shape, presentation wise it can have different effects on how much you want the ring to slide up and down the line :D effective? yes i would say it is, burnt fingers? nah not really

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk

colby:

asks the question braid or mono? do u have a preference?

Braid.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President