Ello

GaN

Ello folks,

Im new to both these boards and Carp fishing.

Ive been a match angler since I was a kid and uptill very recently I hadnt taken much notice of the "Bivvy Boys" (apart from moaning about 50 million db optonics constantly beeping as blokes sink there lines.........why dont people ever switch there alarms off while they are setting the rod?).

Unfortunately some (insert your own expletive) has had it away with 4k of match kit, which tbh gutted me badly.

After a 2 year break from fishing ive been persuaded to start again and ive decided that thrashing the water to a foam catching 1oz roach isnt much fun anymore.

So basically what im after is some decent waters in Leicestershire. Ill be joining Mallory Park this year because to be frank its not hard to catch fish there and im rusty as hell, but also its an easy way to try to get proficent at totally alien end tackle and rigs.

Any help and ideas would be much appreiciated.

Thanks in advance. :D

Sorry I don't know the area you're interested in. But I would like to welcome you to the madhouse that is carp fishing.

May you hold onto your sanity

:)

Paul Singleton

Hi GaN,

Welcome on board to AN.

The thread below has a few details on waters in your area http://anglersnet.co.uk/ubb/ultimatebb.php...ic;f=4;t=000121

For advice on setup’s etc, why not have a look in the ‘carp clinic’ section, there’s some great info for people new into carping.

Cheers,

Julian

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

GaN:

Ello folks,

Im new to both these boards and Carp fishing.

:D

Firstly, welcome to AN, Don't mention sheep and you will be OK. :D

You could take a look at the offer of a week-ends fishing at Steve Burks place, Wingham. You would get lots of help as well as putting some names to faces from AN.

Good luck.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

our friendly sheep admirer has been unusually silent lately,maybe a lamb custody battle going on?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hiya,

GaN you have mail. :):):)

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

Hi guys

Thanx for the welcome :D

Sorry I havent posted back before but I was away all weekend at Great North Fishery pits on the A46 at Grantham.

Unfortunatley I blanked after dropping a run on friday night, my mate only had a bream of about 4 pounds which was very disapointing as the swim was solid with fish rolling, although a couple of scraper 20`s came out on sunday morning the lake was very quiet. Oh well :rolleyes:

For anyone whose intrested the swim was 16` deep and we intially laid a bed of hemp maize and trout pellet out at about 50 yards which we fished 4 rods over with a selection of baits. The theory was to have a selection to find out what they liked and then change to that bait, hookbaits where:

Double popped up maize,

Single red grange bottom bait boillie

Single popped up monster tiger

Single tigga bottom bait boillie

We also fed a margin swim to each side:

1 with single hutchy plum with 6 bait stringer

1 with single NRG with stringer

Loadsa bait, loadsa variety, loadsa enthusiam

NO FISH