what a catch

matt&shevonne

:D im so proud of my husband the other day he went to his local pond where it is known as being a hard fishing lake and caught a few good fish and then it went dead so he moved from where he was to another spot and recast his rods he was sitting there watching the water and the activity as you do when his rod went :D so he hit into it and started playing it when his other alarm went off at first he thought it was himself knocking it where he was playing the fish but then relized he had actually hooked into another!!! might i add that he was on his own with no one else on the lake so he put the other rod in between his legs and started playing them both swaping from rod to rod, he pulled the first fish in and netted it and then continued to play the second one and netted that one to, weighed them both and had to ballance his camera on his ruksack to take a pic of them both together at the same time with him holding them the first a leather carp weighed in at 22lb 13oz and the second a mirror weighed in at 23lb 2oz when he came home he said to me im just glad the first one was well behaved when i put it in the net to get the second he had a grin on him as big as a cheshire cat < hardly supprising in the circumstances > all in all he caught 4 fish that day but im sure you would agree by far the best catch of the day being the double catch!!! im just wondering whether to enter him into one of the carp mags what do u think? with his pic of course!!!! :D he deffenatly needs a pat on the back

[ 24. September 2003, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: matt&shevonne ]

quote:

he deffenatly needs a pat on the back

I'll say! :)

Two twenties in a session is a result by any standards - when can we see the pics?

Julian

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

matt&shevonne,

Give that man a Big Hu-rah and a pat on the back as well. Great fishing and a Good bit of skill to ambidextrously handle the situation as well. It doesn't happen often, but when it does OHHH BOYYYYY! :):D

HOPPY

matt&shevonne:

is there a insert or somthing where i can put the pics on these messages?   :D  

If you go to the non fishing section it is all explained in the topic posted by Nick in the North.

I printed it out, made life a lot easier :D

Nice one on the fish by the way

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/