2 for the price of 1

I posted this on the Coarse Fishing section, but it has as much if not more, relevance here. Something to consider:

I was given a bedchair by my work colleagues as a 50th birthday present, at the beginning of the month.

Whilst I was asleep on it (and I am well below the weight rating!) the screw thread at the top joint sheared off.

Rather than face the embarrassment of asking for the receipt, I phoned Leeda direct. After a little messing around, I sopke to a young lad called Richard who said that someone from their warranty department would call me back later in the day.

No call came.

The following morning, I had a call from the same Richard offering profuse apologies and saying that they will deliver a replacement chair free of charge to my home at 11.00am on 9th May. He was absolutely spot on to the minute.

Now the good bit... I had already told tham that I only needed the screw thread, and inside the box was ALSO a replacement screw thread. I was told to keep both bedchairs.

Every company that imports rather than produces their own product faces the odd component failure. I know, for years my job was assessing such failures.

Suffice to say I am well pleased with Leeda's attitude to customer care and would say that if you are on a budget, their 'Giant' chairs and bedchairs do their job at a competitive price, with the added bonus of having staff that care.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

My fishing buddy is 6'8" and looking for a reasonably cheap bedchair, would you say it's worth him having a look at?

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

At 6'8", the 'Giant' chair isn't quite giant enough. The bedchair is around 6'6" top to toe.

However, I'm only 5'7" and 14 stone, and I had 4 nights sleeping on mine and can honsestly say that until the HDP screw-thread sheared whilst I was asleep I was extremely comfortable.

The only place I have seen that specific bed was when the guys from work got it for me via Argos - a shop I'd normally avoid like the plague. Perhaps if your friend went there and asked to have a look at one to check out its suitability to his particular needs, he'd be in a better position to judge. The bedchair I had in mind was Wychwood's - and that is really comfortable, although I still think he'd find it a bit on the short side.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

I don't know how long it is, but the JRC Super Cocoon 3 leg is rated up to 40 stones. Details at http://www.jrcproducts.com/viewProducts.as...tCode=&PageNo=4

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Leeda are top notch on customer service.

I have now had several replacements tips for my map parabolix feeder rod as they are guaranteed for life!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!